BEST NEAR SURFACE OXIDE ORE PROCESSING ANYONE?.

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi..I have access to oxide ores in Southern Mexico. and since they are easier to recover Gold from I'll start processing them first with hopes to move later in the future into the more complex sulphide ores processing..My strategy would be to just mill and use a shaker table and sell the concentrates to the refiners.. will that be a good Idea to start with ?..my budget its only 10,000 dollars.. what kind of efficient set up can I have for this money ?..please . any input will be greatly appreciated.. thank you and god bless.. S5031324.JPG

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, my friend. I hope all is looking up for you.

Considering where this will take place, I think this would be your best option. This is not a high production unit but will get 85-90 percent of the available gold.

Save up some money from what you recover to expand production with bigger and better equipment.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Mad Machinist.. I love your threads.always well explained. keep up the good work..

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Six years ago I bought some equipment from Patrick Keene. I bought a dry washer and a 3 inch dredge.. the dry washer was a bust since the gravels were too wet to process.. the 3" dredge was better since I managed to recover some gold but didn't work all the way to bedrock.. it was really hard work fighting the currents.. so I hope the third time is the charm..

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
iv seen some good notes on a device called a air sparged hydro cyclone. on tailings it got a 200 to 1 volume magnification. and an upgrade from 0.002 to 5.00 oz per ton.
and 1 ton per hr input. uses air water and water soluble oils. Bryan In Denver Colorado iv not found much on this but I am looking

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Six years ago I bought some equipment from Patrick Keene. I bought a dry washer and a 3 inch dredge.. the dry washer was a bust since the gravels were too wet to process.. the 3" dredge was better since I managed to recover some gold but didn't work all the way to bedrock.. it was really hard work fighting the currents.. so I hope the third time is the charm..

After a lot of thought, research, and knowing some of the particulars in your case, I would go with an impact mill and a dual chamber mineral jig to start off with. I think this would give you the best flexibility to recover the available minerals.

With the mineral jig, the ragging (the bed material} should be a little above the specific gravity of the lightest material you wish to recover but below the gangue material.

Bryan,

I know some of the particulars of the situation here. I don't think an ASH would work here due to the remoteness of the area and the difficulty in getting what is needed.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good thing in my situation is that there's plenty of water year round.. in the dry season I can use the water that is stored in some old mine tunnels.. taking proper precautions of course just using hoses to suck it out ...

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would get a small smelter and do some fire assays. That will tell you if the economics is there. I have done some fire assays on placer material and it is not that hard. Nice thing about a fire assay is that even some unusual ore that contains values will be evident. For instance, if the ore contains tellurides, you will retrieve the gold.

https://books.google.com/books?id=zMkwAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ecm. There are different kinds of ores and I did recover gold from all of them using Mercury. I just didn't do a professional assay.. the ores have really small gold since most are sulphides..

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The purpose of the assay is to determine the ounce per ton ratio. Then you can tell how much money you will get from the ore. The tellurides, sulphides, oxides,etc. will be resistant to the mercury. Only free milling gold will combine with the mercury. In fact the tellurides will not be affected by the mercury at all. The Cripple Creek district was not founded until 1891, because nobody bothered to do a fire assay. You can do it yourself with a small portable smelter, flux and crucibles. Basically you are adding lead to the ore and then removing it with a process called cuppellation. The heat and flux will treat the ore to release the gold. The gold will combine with the lead. You put the gold/lead button in the cuppelling dish. The dish will absorb the lead, leaving a gold bead behind. Every milligram the button weighs is an ounce per ton. Until you know the oz per ton, you will either throw away money or just plain loose it. Why throw away gold?

If the ore is really rich, I would concentrate it and ship it to a custom mill. A smelter, flux, litharge(lead oxide), crucibles and cuppelling dish would cost about $400. My mine is a placer mine with free milling gold, all I have to do is melt it to bullion (dore).

Mercury in the US is regulated by law. Even accidental release can result in criminal action. Plus mercury is really bad for you. It can make you very sick. It can also poison the environment around you. I hope this helps you to success!

https://www.epa.gov/mercury/environmental-laws-apply-mercury

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mercury used PROPERLY is no more dangerous than any other method. The trick is to use it PROPERLY. I still use it at times for specific cases, BUT I have the proper tools and knowledge on how to use it.

I know where distribuidorUSA is planning to operate and I know a lot of the particulars in this case. "Normal" mining rules DO NOT apply here.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed...My Grandpa paid a High cost recovering Up to 5 oz of placer gold with mercury every week..He would just put the amalgam on a shovel and heat it up on a small fire..He lost His teeth and lost His Mind altmost.. Luckily He did this outdoors and would not let nobody close by.. I guess to keep it a secret as to how much Gold He was getting.. that Home should be contaminated up to this day..

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
does your process end with the same amount of mercury you started with? how much mercury have you had to purchase to replenish your supply ? what are you doing with the water that you run over over your mercury. what is the source of your drinking water? if you want all of the gold in your ore a gravity system for the free gold, and a flotation system in line for the sulfide gold. and an assay collected by you, untouched by any one other than you, done with your own tools for a start. dont even trust the guides to dig the hole. Get it processed at a legitimate lab in the US. there are a 1000 variations on this but this is the basic set up now days. good luck

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
does your process end with the same amount of mercury you started with? how much mercury have you had to purchase to replenish your supply ? what are you doing with the water that you run over over your mercury. what is the source of your drinking water? if you want all of the gold in your ore a gravity system for the free gold, and a flotation system in line for the sulfide gold. and an assay collected by you, untouched by any one other than you, done with your own tools for a start. dont even trust the guides to dig the hole. Get it processed at a legitimate lab in the US. there are a 1000 variations on this but this is the basic set up now days. good luck

Me?

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Solar..I think flotation is out of my league for now..too much equipment I can't afford and the knowledge is near cero for Me..I'll stick with gravity for the free Gold and maybe flotation one day..

Last edited:

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
floatation can be done with a shop vac a paint mixer and a plastic barrel or trash can.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will appreciate a lot if you give me details as to the Quemicals..Oils and exact function of each.in the order they are employed in the process.. You'll be a life saver.. Heck!!!.I could surprise you one day with a small token of appreciation straight from Mexico..

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand you need to pretreat the grounded sulphide ores.to make them more prone to float? (attached to air bubbles)..and get trap by the oil on the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread