A Gold mine in British Columbia

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello,

The Independence Mine site near Stave lake is now for sale! It follows two principal vein sets. Each vein set consists of several 3-8 centimetre wide quartz-minor pyrite veins across a total zone width of about 3.0-5.0 metres. Other irregular quartz veins are also present. Wall rocks again are dioritic One grab sample of quartz vein material was assayed at 560ppb Au which is a decent sample. With some more sampling I am sure this man will once again produce high grade gold ore. A recommended sampling program would be to take a chip sample or two across the vein sets is a plan to see if there is some reasonable grade over 1m or more. Several 30 cm samples continuously across (not along) the zone allows determining which parts carry the best grade and adding together several consecutive higher grade samples can give a good estimate of grade and size. 1 cubic metre minimum of good grade material is generally necessary for mining a vein as that is the minimum width that has to be removed to advance the adit at a profit. Diamond drilling in the area has never been done and I am sure even more gold bearing ground would be located on the claims if it were to be done by an individual or a company. The claims are located close to Maple Ridge in British Columbia making access very easy for an exploration company to take up the search.

Have a look at the following link
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/minehunt.html
Daryl Friesen
Spindle Explorations

AuExplorer

Oct 28, 2007
Currently Spanish Trail Utah
Detector(s) used
V-sat & Falcon Gold Probe
I used to prospect all over British Columbia, Thompson river valley was my favorite stomping grounds as well as *^%^&% creek by Hope. 560ppb is not really promising, you could spend years hunting and coring for the mineralized zone. Go downtown to the Gold Commissioner and research the older mid 1800's early 1900's lode claims and cross refference that with known placer locations and start fresh.

Most of this research can be done online through minfile capsuls. In the end, you will have to take your list and cross refference it with claims waiting to be inspected. I always hunted the ones away from populated area's and only logging roads and horse trails in the vicinity. Good luck and happy hunting. :)

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello,

We have been doing some work on one of my properties the Walden Claim here is some history.

Capsule Geology Gold is reported to have been mined, up to 1925, from quartz veins located in the headwaters of Kanaka Creek, in the vicinity of Blue Mountain. The area, underlain by Jurassic to Tertiary Coast Plutonic Complex granitic rocks, was initially staked and worked by George and John Walden prior to 1920. The in the 1920's the area was restaked.

Sorted ore is reported, in 1925, to have graded up to 2650 grams per tonne gold

Here is a sample
101_0145.jpg

Here one our Spindle members hammers at the vein
101_0138.jpg

Daryl

www.spindlequest.com/losttreasure.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread