Found a new adit on the claim, and an video of the 5 contact zones at the mine

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I was walking the hilltops yesterday looking for a good way to run ore car tracks to bring ore out of the Green Mountain mine when the time comes for that. I ended up on the backside of the hill that our current adit portal faces and ran across a new adit. I didn't do any exploring of it at all but I did notice no copper in the dump outside of it.

Based on what I've seen on the claim, this is a third vein system. It doesn't appear to intersect with any other veins that I can tell as compared to the GMM main adit vein(s) and the GMM Pit/Top Trend vein.

This is a close up video showing the various contact zones of the GMM adit. Also, one of the dangers of a portal, loose rock. I went back to work after this video was shot and dug about 12-18" closer to the adit. Next weekend we'll do some scaling of those rocks, push further into the adit. Once we get into to adit itself, I'm going to dig down until I find the old ore track or solid rock, then excavate to the outside to give us a solid working base.

From there I think we might have a few more weekends of good weather until the heat drives us out until the fall.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update, enjoyed it! :icon_thumleft:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you take azimuth and dip readings? Do so and compare the three vein systems.
They might originally have been one and the same, all just displaced by tectonic activity/faulting.

Looks like a fun place to be! I'm just getting my season up and rockin' real soon with a LOT of assays.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Animal or ore car?
You need some stickers on that nice-clean MSA. This is my old "Hard Boiled" made by E.D. Bullard Co. out of San Francisco with the very first LED lamps on the market made by NL Technologies. With charger it cost close to $600., but now I use the BTE100CL cordless that cost a fraction to this OLD NLT The hard hats been with me over 40 years, but had to retire it as an MSHA man came up to me once underground at the now closed Moly mine in Questa New Mexico and put his foot on the tip of my boot and asked "Are these steel toed boots", which I had, but failed he did to inspect the date of this hat. Good thing as he takes an oath to write up every violation he encounters, so I got away that time.... I should have put my knee in to his , you knows what's' and asked him, You got your nut cup on??...You could consider animal trans??. They would maybe stink, but no diesel particulates to worry about. I'd try it if I had a small operation.

Attachments

• hard hat.jpg
    hard hat.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • animal spec's in mining.jpg
    animal spec's in mining.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 112

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Interesting and keep us updated on the samples from the 5 contact zones.
Thanks

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
You need some stickers on that nice-clean MSA. This is my old "Hard Boiled" made by E.D. Bullard Co. out of San Francisco with the very first LED lamps on the market made by NL Technologies. With charger it cost close to $600., but now I use the BTE100CL cordless that cost a fraction to this OLD NLT The hard hats been with me over 40 years, but had to retire it as an MSHA man came up to me once underground at the now closed Moly mine in Questa New Mexico and put his foot on the tip of my boot and asked "Are these steel toed boots", which I had, but failed he did to inspect the date of this hat. Good thing as he takes an oath to write up every violation he encounters, so I got away that time.... I should have put my knee in to his , you knows what's' and asked him, You got your nut cup on??...You could consider animal trans??. They would maybe stink, but no diesel particulates to worry about. I'd try it if I had a small operation.

I've seen videos of folks with decals all over their hardhats and I wondered about that. When I worked for my dad, OSHA would have a fit if they saw a decal on your hardhat. Or at least we were told OSHA would have a coronary and therefore no decals. I'd love to have the experience you got working under that piece of plastic for sure.

We have next to zero water available for any type of animals. If we were going full time though, we could make it work. My aunt and uncle would crap themselves from laughing if they saw me with an old desert burro carrying out sacks of ore.

Who makes that cordless light you mentioned?

Right now I'm using an Olight H35. It's taken a few hits already, but it obviously ain't made for mining.

https://olightworld.com/product/h35-wave/

Did you take azimuth and dip readings? Do so and compare the three vein systems.
They might originally have been one and the same, all just displaced by tectonic activity/faulting.

The new vein I'm calling "Shorty" and the Pit/Trend Point vein could very well be the same vein. There's 156 feet of displacement between the two veins on one axis, but maybe 5-10' of separation if you take that shearing out.

The quirk though is that the main vein doesn't have that same amount of shearing although the fault gouge says something is going on down there. There's another surface vein about 1000' to the south of Pit Trend Point and Shorty that doesn't show any displacement at all. It's a continuous vein 900' long on the surface. It's a quirky little quarter mile square for sure.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Battery powered ore car.

Remember I am a machinist/millwright so that means I am inherently lazy.:laughing7: So I will find the fastest, easiest, and most effective way to do something so I don't have to put my coffee cup down for too long.:laughing9:

I know where there's all we can handle, but it's 600' up on a nasty hill and a mile walk out after that. No ore cars though. The BLM has the area gated off so you can't get closer than a mile. Helicopter would be ideal, but we'd have to carry it up 400' of the hill to find a spot that would be smooth enough for a landing.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know where there's all we can handle, but it's 600' up on a nasty hill and a mile walk out after that. No ore cars though. The BLM has the area gated off so you can't get closer than a mile. Helicopter would be ideal, but we'd have to carry it up 400' of the hill to find a spot that would be smooth enough for a landing.

Wouldn't be the first time I rigged a "skyline".

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Does anyone use the following Stanley equipment or older models of the same equipment? If so what do you think of the units? ???:hello2:
Thank you:
DL07 Stanley Drill
DL07 Stanley Drill - Electric Utility Overhead - Stanley Hydraulic Tools - Tools - Truck Utilities
Stanley DL07 Drill is a 1/2 inch capacity drill for drilling in wood, metal, or masonry.
FEATURES
• 12 gpm (45 lpm) maximum operating range
• 1/2 in. keyed Jacobs® Chuck
• Assist handle
• Integral HYREVZ™ gear-type motor
• Reversable
• Open Center or Closed Center operation

Specifications:
• Model Weight Length Width Chuck Size Features
• DL07550 6 lb 9 in 4 in 1/2 in OC/CC - A-C
• DL0755001 6 lb 9 in 4 in 1/2 in OC/CC - A-C-CE
• DL07652 6 lb 9 in 4 in 5/8 in OC/CC - B-C-U/W
CH15 Stanley Chipping Hammer
CH15 Stanley Chipping Hammer - Municipal Sewer Department - Stanley Hydraulic Tools - Tools - Truck Utilities
Stanley CH15 Hydraulic Chipping Hammer
Weighing in at only 16 pounds, the CH15 Chipping Hammer is ideal for light demolition.
Hydraulic Chipping Hammer Tool Description
The CH15 is a small chipping hammer designed for light duty chipping. It is commonly used for manhole and utility vault modifications or masonry repair and demolition. The body of the tool is shock and heat insulated. Comes with hose whips and flush-face quick disconnect couplers.
CH15 Hydraulic Chipping Hammer Features
• Shock and heat insulated body
• Floating trigger for easy engagement
• Accepts .580 inch hex shank, oval collar tool steels
• HTMA quick disconnect couplers standard
• Available for 5 gpm (19 lpm) or 8 gpm (30 lpm)
• Underwater model available
Handheld Hydraulic Chipping Hammer Tools Applications
Chipping concrete, rock, or masonry such as utility vaults, street curbing, masonry work.
Stanley Model CH15 Chipping Hammer Specifications
Tool Bit Size: .580 hex Shank Oval Collar, Steel Bits
Hydraulic Flow: 4-6 or 7-9 gpm / 15-23 or 26-34 lpm
Weight: 16 lbs / 7.25 kg
Length: 17 in. / 43 cm
Width: 3 in. / 8 cm
Connection: 3/8 in. flush face quick disconnect couplers
Working Pressure: 1000-2000 psi / 70-140 bar
Full Relief Setting: 2250 psi / 155 bar
CD10 Stanley Core Drill
CD10 Stanley Core Drill - Municipal Sewer Department - Stanley Hydraulic Tools - Tools - Truck Utilities
Stanley CD10 Core Drill is used for drilling 5/8 in. to 6-3/8 in. (15 mm to 160 mm) diameter holes in concrete, masonry, or asphalt materials using carbide or diamond segmented bits and water lubrication.
Features:
• 5.8-13 gpm operating range
• 3 speeds, 380, 900, and 1800 rpm
• Gardena quick connect water connection coupler
• HTMA quick disconnect couplers
• Drilling aid for freehand drilling assistance
• 1/2 x 5/8-11 in. thread adapter included
Specifications:
• Model: CD10100
• Weight: 18.7 lb
• Length: 19 in
• Width: 4 in
• Arbor Size: 1-1/4 in UNC Male or 1/2 in UNC Female
• RPM: 380, 900, 1800

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Does anyone use the following Stanley equipment or older models of the same equipment? If so what do you think of the units? ???:hello2:
Thank you:
DL07 Stanley Drill
DL07 Stanley Drill - Electric Utility Overhead - Stanley Hydraulic Tools - Tools - Truck Utilities
Stanley DL07 Drill is a 1/2 inch capacity drill for drilling in wood, metal, or masonry.
FEATURES
• 12 gpm (45 lpm) maximum operating range
• 1/2 in. keyed Jacobs® Chuck
• Assist handle
• Integral HYREVZ™ gear-type motor
• Reversable
• Open Center or Closed Center operation

Specifications:
• Model Weight Length Width Chuck Size Features
•  DL07550 6 lb 9 in 4 in 1/2 in OC/CC - A-C
•  DL0755001 6 lb 9 in 4 in 1/2 in OC/CC - A-C-CE
•  DL07652 6 lb 9 in 4 in 5/8 in OC/CC - B-C-U/W
CH15 Stanley Chipping Hammer
CH15 Stanley Chipping Hammer - Municipal Sewer Department - Stanley Hydraulic Tools - Tools - Truck Utilities
Stanley CH15 Hydraulic Chipping Hammer
Weighing in at only 16 pounds, the CH15 Chipping Hammer is ideal for light demolition.
Hydraulic Chipping Hammer Tool Description
The CH15 is a small chipping hammer designed for light duty chipping. It is commonly used for manhole and utility vault modifications or masonry repair and demolition. The body of the tool is shock and heat insulated. Comes with hose whips and flush-face quick disconnect couplers.
CH15 Hydraulic Chipping Hammer Features
• Shock and heat insulated body
• Floating trigger for easy engagement
• Accepts .580 inch hex shank, oval collar tool steels
• HTMA quick disconnect couplers standard
• Available for 5 gpm (19 lpm) or 8 gpm (30 lpm)
• Underwater model available
Handheld Hydraulic Chipping Hammer Tools Applications
Chipping concrete, rock, or masonry such as utility vaults, street curbing, masonry work.
Stanley Model CH15 Chipping Hammer Specifications
Tool Bit Size: .580 hex Shank Oval Collar, Steel Bits
Hydraulic Flow: 4-6 or 7-9 gpm / 15-23 or 26-34 lpm
Weight: 16 lbs / 7.25 kg
Length: 17 in. / 43 cm
Width: 3 in. / 8 cm
Connection: 3/8 in. flush face quick disconnect couplers
Working Pressure: 1000-2000 psi / 70-140 bar
Full Relief Setting: 2250 psi / 155 bar
CD10 Stanley Core Drill
CD10 Stanley Core Drill - Municipal Sewer Department - Stanley Hydraulic Tools - Tools - Truck Utilities
Stanley CD10 Core Drill is used for drilling 5/8 in. to 6-3/8 in. (15 mm to 160 mm) diameter holes in concrete, masonry, or asphalt materials using carbide or diamond segmented bits and water lubrication.
Features:
• 5.8-13 gpm operating range
• 3 speeds, 380, 900, and 1800 rpm
• Gardena quick connect water connection coupler
• HTMA quick disconnect couplers
•  Drilling aid for freehand drilling assistance
• 1/2 x 5/8-11 in. thread adapter included
Specifications:
• Model: CD10100
• Weight: 18.7 lb
• Length: 19 in
• Width: 4 in
• Arbor Size: 1-1/4 in UNC Male or 1/2 in UNC Female
• RPM: 380, 900, 1800

They will work, for a little while. Under constant hard use, they will burn up rather quickly.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Light equipment?

Hello
Mad Machinist pointed out:
They will work, for a little while. Under constant hard use, they will burn up rather quickly.
This one has heard that the above units are one the light side as well. Will a large intercooler and replacing the seals often help? :icon_scratch:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen videos of folks with decals all over their hardhats and I wondered about that. When I worked for my dad, OSHA would have a fit if they saw a decal on your hardhat. Or at least we were told OSHA would have a coronary and therefore no decals. I'd love to have the experience you got working under that piece of plastic for sure.

We have next to zero water available for any type of animals. If we were going full time though, we could make it work. My aunt and uncle would crap themselves from laughing if they saw me with an old desert burro carrying out sacks of ore.

Who makes that cordless light you mentioned?

Right now I'm using an Olight H35. It's taken a few hits already, but it obviously ain't made for mining.

https://olightworld.com/product/h35-wave/

The new vein I'm calling "Shorty" and the Pit/Trend Point vein could very well be the same vein. There's 156 feet of displacement between the two veins on one axis, but maybe 5-10' of separation if you take that shearing out.

The quirk though is that the main vein doesn't have that same amount of shearing although the fault gouge says something is going on down there. There's another surface vein about 1000' to the south of Pit Trend Point and Shorty that doesn't show any displacement at all. It's a continuous vein 900' long on the surface. It's a quirky little quarter mile square for sure.

Since you are in a rift-area, faults are often re-activated.
So for fun; toy with the thought there is one or more faults cutting the veins. Some of these may have been re-activated while others were not.
That may account for the difference in displacement. I wouldn't be surprised to see several veins either.

Keep up the videos! I'm certainly enjoying it.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So for fun; toy with the thought there is one or more faults cutting the veins. Some of these may have been re-activated while others were not.
That may account for the difference in displacement. I wouldn't be surprised to see several veins either.

This area and Arizona as a whole is still very active speaking in a geological sense.

Mystery Arizona Giant Cracks fissure and swallow ground gradually (video)

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other

The porphyry types deposits we have here show swarms of faults in two distinct types of patterns, concentric and parallel/linear. In both types, the number of faults drop off from a central location of the main seismic area. For the linear type, there are a small number of cross-cutting faults as well.

All of the veins on these claims are parallel to each other, with some minor curvature associated directly with the Pit itself. To the southeast of the eastern most portion of the claims there is the 900' vein that doesn't run parallel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread