Question about some Copperoxid Quarz Nugget

Armitage

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0299.JPG

I live in Japan and recently I have been researching where its possible to find Gold here.

I was thinking about sluicing but not sure how to do this if the river just consists of boulders, rocks and gravel.
There is almost no sand, just rocks.

So, some Japanese scientist wrote that this river has some gold in it, so I went there for a check.
I searched a bit in the gravel and found a lot of rocks containing iron and alot of quarz.
One small quarz nugget with copperoxid that i found was the most interresting. (I think its copperoxid).
I dont have the tools to pulverize this nugget so i can pan it. And at the moment not the money to buy a gold detector or anything else for gold detecting.
Need to save more money for this.

Now, my question is, if there is copper in quarz veins like this, is there a chance for gold as well?

Thank you

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at it with a cheap 100X microscope. See if you can see tiny flashes of gold. Thats the gold.

OP
OP
A

Armitage

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i look very close, I can see something that looks like Gold flakes. Even without a microscope, I will crush the rock when I got the tools and pan it out!

Rific

Mar 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only requires a hammer and some method of containing most of the smashed rock (shirt, metal coilstock, etc... You will of course lose a lot if you don't have some equipment, but you can get enough smashed for a sample

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, copper and gold do go together. There are some small hammer tools that will pulverized rock without losing it available on Ebay. Look for one. I think maybe $40 plus shipping. The one I bought was called sore thumb rock crusher, it really works.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Put the rock inside an old sock and smash it with a hammer.Gradually breaking into smaller and smaller pieces,then pan it out and check the finer stuff with a 10X(power) loupe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread