new videos are up.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most ore is going to have a least some pyrite in it which can be mixed with arseno..I I have into a lot of ore with a garden variety of chalcopyrite, arsenopyrite, galena mixed with free milling gold. The levels of which made the difference whether it should be considered a complex ore or not.

Galena (lead sulphide) in particular can run into the hundreds of oz per ton of gold. Its tough to assay those sulfides eat..
Yes. The Galena ore can also run very lean of other values per ton then get much richer per ton as one goes down a "Lode line" of the ore.

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this an older post but thanks to period six for the knowledge base.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Most ore is going to have a least some pyrite in it which can be mixed with arseno..I I have into a lot of ore with a garden variety of chalcopyrite, arsenopyrite, galena mixed with free milling gold. The levels of which made the difference whether it should be considered a complex ore or not.

Galena (lead sulphide) in particular can run into the hundreds of oz per ton of gold. Its tough to assay those sulfides eat..

Dont you mean silver in the galena. I rarely have found galena with gold. But thats in my district.
Intresting.
Gt....

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont you mean silver in the galena. I rarely have found galena with gold. But thats in my district.
Intresting.
Gt....

This is a very odd deposit we're working in Arizona, not like 99% of the state. I'll see if I can dig up the photos we have of the ore we crushed and put under a microscope, but it's running together.

Here we go, had to hunt it down in our P6 internal archive. One or two of these is better at seeing the cubic nature of the galena in the concentrates.

gold and galena.jpg

gold and galena 2.jpg

gold and galena 3.jpg

gold and galena 4.jpg

These samples are pretty high grade, but strangely enough we don't have a good one on these samples. We've sent off several on various spots on the patent, but those were more for discriminating what portions of the mineralization were holding values.

The translucent yellow pieces are mimetite, lead arsenate chloride. Not exactly the sort of stuff you want to make sand castles out of.

Last edited:

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I should add, those photos are from what we're pretty sure is linked directly to a distal volcanic massive sulfide deposit. Some of our other properties nearby are proximal VMS/Sedex.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to ask galena carrying 100 of ounces of gold values.
Wouldnt you see this in a pan sample ?
Gt..

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to ask galena carrying 100 of ounces of gold values.
Wouldnt you see this in a pan sample ?
Gt..
The crushed samples show mostly crystallized minerals. There could be trace amounts of values in some of the minerals.
Think one would be better off trying to see if there is free values not locked up with the other minerals. There could be even crystallized gold near by.
If there is crystallized gold near by this could explain the 100 ounces of gold values in that area. Just do not know.

Is there enough values to off set the cost of a "Fire assay"?

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would expect so, but the samples we have I'd say are running mixed iron/galena. We'll know the values per ton in the next 3-5 days.

Forget the assay just show a pan sample so we get an idea of what the value size is.
If theres gold in the sample no matter how small one can still see it in a pan.
If you do a simple grind in a mortar. You can release all these values.
Then just pan.
That way we can see what comes out first hand with eyes.
Pan samples always come before an assay at least in this miners world. Heck if you see yellow just go dig it out.
Thanks
Gt....

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would be interesting to grind each mineral separately and then pan for values to get a better idea what is best.
For sure grind spots all along the mineral zone looking for values.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By the way as SaltWaterServr may be pointing out that in history "Fire Assays" where used to help document "Discoveries / Discovery veins".

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way as SaltWaterServr may be pointing out that in history "Fire Assays" where used to help document "Discoveries / Discovery veins".

This sounds like speculator talk. You tryin to sell old holes in the ground.
Gt....

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Manual of Assaying by Alfred Stanley Miller Professor of Mining and Metallurgy University of Idaho.
Yes is also used to help sell old holes in the ground unless proven otherwise.

Last edited:

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget the assay just show a pan sample so we get an idea of what the value size is.
If theres gold in the sample no matter how small one can still see it in a pan.
If you do a simple grind in a mortar. You can release all these values.
Then just pan.
That way we can see what comes out first hand with eyes.
Pan samples always come before an assay at least in this miners world. Heck if you see yellow just go dig it out.
Thanks
Gt....

Exactly what we're doing there good buddy. Pan and crush. If it's got color, keep working it to locate the source. Now that we've got that narrowed down, we send off the rock for assay to figure out how much we should be getting out of it during processing. If there's values in the galena itself, you can't get a good idea of how much is in solid solution without a firing.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Notes on the fire assay for lead:
The fire assay for lead gives only approximate results. If the ore contains gold, silver, iron, copper, or other metals, some or all may be reduced with the lead.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Notes on the fire assay for lead:
The fire assay for lead gives only approximate results. If the ore contains gold, silver, iron, copper, or other metals, some or all may be reduced with the lead.

Who cares? You have an annoying tendency to bring in worthless tangential information to a thread.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Exactly what we're doing there good buddy. Pan and crush. If it's got color, keep working it to locate the source. Now that we've got that narrowed down, we send off the rock for assay to figure out how much we should be getting out of it during processing. If there's values in the galena itself, you can't get a good idea of how much is in solid solution without a firing.
What is the "Assay" you are having done if not a "Fire Assay"?
There is a problem with only approximate results when there is a "Reduction process" when excess lead is present. The "Fire Assay" has limits that one should take the steps to follow otherwise the test is invalid.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the labs who do assays know all of that...and most likely don't read forums to figure it out.

Have you noticed yet that no one really cares what you have to say

In case you haven't...we don't

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Your gonna have a lot more to do than surface sampling if you wanna know what your deposit gonna yield. Better start drillin.
Anyways all i wanted to see was one of those crushed pans you are talkin about.
Who cares about assays we aint minin your stuff. we just wanna see the dadgum colors in a pan Good buddy.
Gt.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and the labs who do assays know all of that...and most likely don't read forums to figure it out.

Have you noticed yet that no one really cares what you have to say

In case you haven't...we don't
Great point the "Labs" will read A Manual of Assaying by Alfred Stanley Miller Professor of Mining and Metallurgy University of Idaho and other like manuals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread