More drone hunting

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just thinking that this type of operation was to be 'Mapped along the Discovery vein'. With out the "Discovery vein" there can be what is the technical expression of "Breaking a close" for an unlawful entry upon land. Known as a 'Action of trespass'. This could be in part what the structure was about. Other people or the same people could have tried finding other veins nearby to help keep costs down.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems likely to me they visually hand sorted the ore and transported it for further processing...or maybe the "pit" is/was an arrastra, (now in disguise) thus the engine for power(?). In any case, I would take along a metal detector.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems likely to me they visually hand sorted the ore and transported it for further processing...or maybe the "pit" is/was an arrastra, (now in disguise) thus the engine for power(?). In any case, I would take along a metal detector.

Good luck.
Would suggest taking a number of metal detectors. The size and type of rocks in the tailings may give a better idea of the sorting process.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thinking that this type of operation was to be 'Mapped along the Discovery vein'. With out the "Discovery vein" there can be what is the technical expression of "Breaking a close" for an unlawful entry upon land. Known as a 'Action of trespass'. This could be in part what the structure was about. Other people or the same people could have tried finding other veins nearby to help keep costs down.

what?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thinking there may have not been a "Surface location" at all just the "Discovery vein" point. There could have been some kind of "Sub-surface records / Mapping / Surveys".
If the "Discovery vein" completely pinched out or cut off there could have been some exploration near by to try to pick up on the vein. The structure may cover the "Discovery vein point" on the surface of the earth.

The use of bigger equipment and the large amount of rock / ore processed at the 'location' with no records at all is unusual.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread