Mary Clough Mines Nevada-History, Geological Investigation & Economic Assessment

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shared it on FB on a link where a guy was sharing the video for the Mary Clough.

People stopped commenting about how nice of a vein it was....and how crappy Cory and GRE are for what they are doing.

The least I could do.

Thanks for taking the time to share. I'm sure many just lose the money and clam up because they are uncomfortable talking about making a mistake.

I really hope someone finally shuts them down.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
A link to this thread is on Gold Prospectors International, GPA-Phoenix chapter, Oregon Gold Prospectors, East Coast Prospecting, Arizona Gold Diggers, and my personal facebook page.

Before you consider buying anything from Gold Rush Expeditions, give this a read.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/h...ogical-investigation-economic-assessment.html

And this post as well...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/h...gation-economic-assessment-3.html#post5851317

The arrogance noted by the poster in the second link is pretty evident if you go to their page as well.

***********************************************************************************

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is beautiful. Not for the OP, but for more exposure of what GRE is all about. I truly feel bad for anyone that gets screwed over by them. Not only that, but paperwork screw ups by GRE can leave people out hard earned money and no claim at all..

For one thing, its just plan bad business, they just occasionally gets a big fish on the hook. I can see how it could happen, nice videos, good pictures and an good story to back it up, to a newbie that knows nothing about mining other than a lust for gold. Hell bad claim sales have been part of this industry since the beginning. That's some real deep pockets he has gotta have by now..but there are plenty of graves out there filled in by the snakes in the grass like this.. back in the old days it was settled by a pistol.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The asking price for some of the claims...WTF?

Cory sux

OP
OP
JM2855

JM2855

Greenie
Mar 27, 2016
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! Thank you to all of you on this forum who have added comments, insights and educational information about these things. And thank you to all of those who posted them on other forums, Facebook and other sites. Obviously all of us working to add a little exposure eventually puts some good information out there to help educate others. For many years to come this information will serve to educate the new and the skilled in the mining industry. Very inspiring to see everyone helping get the word out.

It's situations such as the one I encountered that sometimes give the professional and hobby mining people alike a tarnished name. Thankfully, there are those like Chris Ralph, the other geologists that helped me with this particular property assessment, and you all out there on this forum to keep the integrity that the rest of us have public facing.

Thanks again,

Jack

AuNoob

Greenie
Apr 20, 2019
Toronto
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you to everyone who added to this post as you just saved me considerable headache from a potential deal with GRE. Now that being said there was earlier talk about staking your own claim, at the risk of showing my noobishness, how can I verify if the claim on a historic mine is still valid? I have an MRDS number, but haven't been able to cross reference a claim number as yet. Is there a way to search for ownership with just the MRDS #?

Thanks
RJR

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to everyone who added to this post as you just saved me considerable headache from a potential deal with GRE. Now that being said there was earlier talk about staking your own claim, at the risk of showing my noobishness, how can I verify if the claim on a historic mine is still valid? I have an MRDS number, but haven't been able to cross reference a claim number as yet. Is there a way to search for ownership with just the MRDS #?

Thanks
RJR

MRDS# has nothing to do with current owner ship.

You can search by area and see if there are any current claims in the section.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know it does not mean much probably, but I am sorry you got scammed.

I got scammed by a former friend last year when he logged part of my farm and never gave me any money for my wood. Sadly, he has a gambling addiction and swindled many, many landowners these last few years. Unfortunately no one said anything until...like you...I admitted my own mistakes even though I felt silly for being so unaware. And this is coming from a guy that has logged myself, all my life. I knew the industry, but did not do my research well on this logger's past practices.

When it went to court, landowners came from everywhere to report their own thefts, but that is how it works with con artists. They get away with it for so long, and they think they will never get caught, but it just makes the pain that much more difficult later when they have to pay the piper.

It is my hope the man comes across the right person who takes him to court for deceitful practices.

Court runs both ways; sometimes you can use the strange ways it works to get out of trouble, and sometimes it can right an injustice. In my case, I was awarded the highest restitution of any theft case in my county...$1800 per month. For an individual...ouch!

Thanks for speaking up about the company, though it would be nice to know the man's personal name. Do not be threatened by slander either, as that is against the law only when you LIE to discredit someone's good name. You can never get in trouble telling the truth. Con artist's thrive on promoting fear so word does not get out on their deceptive practices.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for speaking up about the company, though it would be nice to know the man's personal name. Do not be threatened by slander either, as that is against the law only when you LIE to discredit someone's good name. You can never get in trouble telling the truth. Con artist's thrive on promoting fear so word does not get out on their deceptive practices.

Cory, the owner of GRE, is a member here. I think it would probably be breaking TNet rules to call him out personally?

Slander is always spoken. When written the offense is called Libel.

Heavy Pans

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cory, the owner of GRE, is a member here. I think it would probably be breaking TNet rules to call him out personally?

Heavy Pans

Cory sux:tongue3:

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Heavy Pans

Hey thanks.

I understand about rules, so I do understand.

I am not sure I am in agreement with them...in this particular case anyway. My main forum rule has always been "Be Nice", and if people are using the forum to scam other members, that is hardly "being nice".

Having been scammed, I REALLY dislike con artists.

Incidentally, I found out the logger that scammed me, also was involved in mineral theft. years ago he was in the earthmoving business, and used a gravel pit from a woman out of state. He said she had really good gravel, but there was some in front of it that was no good and had to be removed. She bought into his lie, and he dug some 40,000 cubic yards and SOLD it, never giving her a dime of her $80,000 cut. But of course as soon as he was called out on the act, he went out of the gravel business.

Funny how con artists cannot seem to be businessmen that can make money honestly. As one guy told me, "he is a good businessman". Well of course he is, con artists do well when they have no overhead costs and are stealing from people. I could do well too if I had 100% profit on every job I did.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it ironic that additional adjacent claims (void of economically valuable deposits) were offered to the original seller with the thought that they would be of value when trying to sell a larger aggregate of barren claims to someone else down the road..or did I mis-understand that part?
It was a very long thread to fully read.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread