Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, it's up and running and going through it's final shakedown runs. Works pretty good too. I am probably gonna have to eat my words over the LNW bowl, which I will happily do if it works this well on production runs.
You guys still out there ?
Interesting to see you final mill set up.
If you don't mind showing it online..
Gt..
Probably won't get an answer I've found most don't ever follow through on the hardrock mining or millin.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one left....

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2037587
I've been working a day or two every weekend getting the fixed plant going and the decline rehabbed. The principal mine investor came through, the mill (separate entity) is the tough part.
I wish my problems we're with millin, I always found tryin to keep on decent ore was toughest thing I deal with..
No ore, no millin, no pay..
Gt .

HardRockNM

Nov 8, 2020
New Mexico/Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish my problems we're with millin, I always found tryin to keep on decent ore was toughest thing I deal with..
No ore, no millin, no pay..
Gt .
I hear you there. We're driving drift towards a good 6' core intercept but it's fairly slow going. Lately we've been fighting with dewatering; lines and Victualic couplings are giving us fits. We're getting at it and have the fixed plant recommissioned. It's still a bit before we'll be fully settled into a routine.
IMG_20230308_160800.jpg

This is after the first blast - had some issues with questionable boosters misfiring which caused the round to partially boot. I took this photo after mucking 90% of the pile, and left a few yards as a platform to drill the upper holes from.
IMG_20230228_085756.jpg

I also picked this little thing up at an auction, it's been phenomenally useful for nipping and utility work. I'll never nip supplies with an LHD again if I can help it!

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you there. We're driving drift towards a good 6' core intercept but it's fairly slow going. Lately we've been fighting with dewatering; lines and Victualic couplings are giving us fits. We're getting at it and have the fixed plant recommissioned. It's still a bit before we'll be fully settled into a routine.
View attachment 2074906
This is after the first blast - had some issues with questionable boosters misfiring which caused the round to partially boot. I took this photo after mucking 90% of the pile, and left a few yards as a platform to drill the upper holes from.
View attachment 2074907
I also picked this little thing up at an auction, it's been phenomenally useful for nipping and utility work. I'll never nip supplies with an LHD again if I can help it!
Wish I had a place like that to work, heck I show up everyday work for free just to do it.

Keep that dirty side down
Gt....

HardRockNM

Nov 8, 2020
New Mexico/Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_20230502_163207.jpg

Quick update. We've been busy - hauling out development muck with this Young Buggy, plus more drill-and-blast work.

IMG_20230512_134344.jpg

Progress has been made on dewatering. The working level is no longer in danger of swamping, and we've tied in a second pump for well over 100 GPM of capacity.

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 2074906
View attachment 2074907
If you're having trouble with wet drill holes and bootlegs, you might want to try some liners. You can get a 2,000' roll of anti-static poly for about $60.

Are you using NONEL or some other type of detonator? Here is my last blast:

Last edited:

HardRockNM

Nov 8, 2020
New Mexico/Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're having trouble with wet drill holes and bootlegs, you might want to try some liners. You can get a 2,000' roll of anti-static poly for about $60.

Are you using NONEL or some other type of detonator? Here is my last blast:

Interesting idea. We have a surplus of older dynamite that needs to be expended so it's our go-to for wet holes (and any other holes, come to think of it).

Yes, we use nonel dets. Our shot design is very conventional - safety fuse to detcord ring main to nonel.

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting idea. We have a surplus of older dynamite that needs to be expended so it's our go-to for wet holes (and any other holes, come to think of it).

Yes, we use nonel dets. Our shot design is very conventional - safety fuse to detcord ring main to nonel.
As long as the safety fuse cap is on the surface and just initiating the detcord, I don't see a problem with it. You can secure the underground face from people and it's easy to attach a new detonator after you wait an hour should it not go off. Are the NONELs really old and maybe not in the best condtion? Dynamite is usually pretty sensitive. Another possibility is that you got some rocks or stemming that fell in and blocked the path from the primer to some part of the column.

HardRockNM

Nov 8, 2020
New Mexico/Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As long as the safety fuse cap is on the surface and just initiating the detcord, I don't see a problem with it. You can secure the underground face from people and it's easy to attach a new detonator after you wait an hour should it not go off. Are the NONELs really old and maybe not in the best condtion? Dynamite is usually pretty sensitive. Another possibility is that you got some rocks or stemming that fell in and blocked the path from the primer to some part of the column.
The nonels are fine. We only had trouble with the first shot on a few holes using PETN boosters to initiate ANFO. Those boosters have been used up.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HardRockNM

Nov 8, 2020
New Mexico/Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that an Eimco 911B. What broke down on it.?
Sure is! Some threads in the steering cylinder wore out causing the cylinder body and head to separate about 1/100". That blew the o-ring apart and dumped fluid, so I bored the damaged threads out and used a longer Grade 9 bolt with a keeper nut instead. Total cost was about $11 in parts, it just took a bit to find the correct bolts.

Especially for what I paid for it, I've been very happy with that machine. It's not the largest or most powerful thing around but it turns tightly, has good control feel, and doesn't beat you up. For utility work I'd take a 911B over a JCI 125M costing four times as much, just because of how precise the transmission control is. I'm looking at purchasing a 2-yard this year for load-and-carry operation, the two machines will compliment each other.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is! Some threads in the steering cylinder wore out causing the cylinder body and head to separate about 1/100". That blew the o-ring apart and dumped fluid, so I bored the damaged threads out and used a longer Grade 9 bolt with a keeper nut instead. Total cost was about $11 in parts, it just took a bit to find the correct bolts.

Especially for what I paid for it, I've been very happy with that machine. It's not the largest or most powerful thing around but it turns tightly, has good control feel, and doesn't beat you up. For utility work I'd take a 911B over a JCI 125M costing four times as much, just because of how precise the transmission control is. I'm looking at purchasing a 2-yard this year for load-and-carry operation, the two machines will compliment each other.
I worked for Tamrock from 1986 to 1992. In those years the company aquire Drilltech which made large DTH drills and then Eimco which I was the parts person for in Denver. Eimco still supported a fair amount of 12Bs and larger over shot muckers in those years. Later Sandvik bought every out and that's when I left the company and went to work for Brunner & Lay throughout most of the 90s covering COLO,.AZ, NM, UT & NEV. Those were very active years with small to large underground mines. In the last 23 years I've been with BTE which merged with Midwest rockdrills and F&H Mine Supply. I threw in my hat this month to retire, Though my old employer who owened BTE had a falling out with the Midwest bunch and has started a new company with ownership under his wife to avoid any agreeing terms with MW. He's wanting me to join in with that operation now. Who knows maybe I'll continue on. It's been a long road for me involved in the mining business which all began in 1977 where I started out as a miner when I was just 20 years old, hanging wire & bolts with a genuine GD-S83.

Attachments

• IMG_20170712_061604 (3).jpg
    IMG_20170712_061604 (3).jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread