tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. It reminds me of these desert Rose stones, which are a gypsum crystal, but that thing looks almost metallic in appearance. Post it also in the gem & mineral forum, as there are some mineral collecting enthusiast that frequent that part of this website, that might have some more opinions on what you might have.

Attachments

• 9e091c54ab0e14e9c72dcbb0b654b0a1--desert-rose-crystals-minerals.jpg
    9e091c54ab0e14e9c72dcbb0b654b0a1--desert-rose-crystals-minerals.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
M

MOUSA Z M E

Greenie
Dec 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. It reminds me of these desert Rose stones, which are a gypsum crystal, but that thing looks almost metallic in appearance. Post it also in the gem & mineral forum, as there are some mineral collecting enthusiast that frequent that part of this website, that might have some more opinions on what you might have.

You're right, it's metallic ,I sent this stone with a friend to a laboratory to examine it but they couldn't determine the type of! unfortunately .

It make me puzzled and I am thinking asking to much in my mind!

1- Is it possible to be on the earth some metal unknown to this moment?

2- Is it possible that this stone is coming from outer space?

Thank you tamrock

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like an iron mineral. Rub a corner of it on the rough side of a piece of tile or the underside of a porcelain toilet tank lid. If it leaves a black streak it is probably magnetite.

OP
OP
M

MOUSA Z M E

Greenie
Dec 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an iron mineral. Rub a corner of it on the rough side of a piece of tile or the underside of a porcelain toilet tank lid. If it leaves a black streak it is probably magnetite.
Non magnetic stone, are the magnetite magnetic?
Thanks

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Attracted to a strong magnet.

OP
OP
M

MOUSA Z M E

Greenie
Dec 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine non magnetic any bit.
Thank you for your help

AnnaMountain

Dec 10, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My 2 cents here guys - it looks kind of like it came in from outside the atmosphere and got pock-marked in the process...was dense enough it wasn't destroyed, but coming through it started to melt and the g-forces made these marks all over it as it cooled.

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay has it right.
100% iron pyrite ball.
They are pretty cool. Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread