Mine Prospecting exploring etc partner wanted for June and July (nevada and colorado)

Feb 11, 2019
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be in Nevada in June and July and a couple weeks in July will be in Colorado. I have researched quite a few areas and want to go prospect numerous potential claims, possibly/more than likely staking a few. Hoping to find a couple people from those states/area who would like to go out and do some prospecting, explore some old mines and stake a few claims of your own. (you can even fly or drive in if you are interested)

I had a nice claim was averaging .50 oz a ton on the low side about .75 on the high from staged ore and tailings

The guy who I used to do this with unfortunately can no longer do it. Poor fella decided he might like to sample another womans taco and now his wife wont let him go anywhere alone except work. Even sadder is he is a jailer so all he sees is guys all day long as well

I have a 2 dr Jeep Wrangler 4X4 lifted for plenty of clearance to get us pretty close to where we need to go. Wench etc as well
Room for your backpack and supplies in the back seat along with mine "trunk space" will contain some extra equipment, water, food, batteries, equipment to stake etc and some buckets to take some samples from anything staked

I have researched four primary areas. In Nevada My base will be Vegas. In Colorado my base will be Denver. That is where I will leave from daily.

I will be leaving at 5AM with expected return times around 8PM ish. Be out before dark unless camping it out which will be decided ahead of time and agreed to.

Don't want to go explore these by myself for obvious reasons and I myself wont stake something that isn't worth staking. Only way to determine that is to see the inside.

Now on a side note if someone who carries a firearm offends you and will trigger you please do not message me. If you need to drink beer while doing this do not message me. If you need to smoke weed while doing this or any other drugs do not message me.

To make this fair to whoever goes because obviously I am using you to assist me I will cover gas and food on the trail. I will also pay the cost to stake one claim if you are with me for a few days and I am able to stake a couple claims for myself

As far as claims go if claims are worth staking We can take turns picking I pick first you get 2nd and work it out from there. Ideally we will both be able to grab a few claims worth working.

These claims are all past producers though no idea what we will find. There will be quite a bit of walking and hiking. I am 45 and have a few miles on my body so everything will be a steady pace not a race. A lot of claims (though not all) will be be at least two adjoining claims which will allow for multiple (I estimate 5-6) a day if not eight to ten depending on how quickly we move

My dates are flexible because I will be in town so long.

If you are interested please shoot me a PM and we can discuss it. I will not give out any specifics of areas or claims realize everything is within driving distance of those cities.

FSM

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while since I have been on the website. I may be interested depending on the purpose of the claims. If you are doing it to flip them no but to work them then yes. Sold my claims a while back and miss them so would possibly be interested

barrelroll

Dec 14, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm out of Denver and work underground in Empire so I do your proposed drive daily. Leaving at 5am and back at 8pm is a good idea, I leave at 4:30 every day and beat the traffic up the hill, heading down at 6PM usually isn't too bad besides the weekends. I'd look for somewhere to camp, 2 weeks on USFS land and save the drive. Depending on your direction you are planning on heading there's some nice camping. If you give me a more specific area I can make some recommendations.

I might be interested in going out a couple days. We do a lot of jeeping, PM me for my number if you want a local resource in case you get in a bind.

If you haven't picked up the funtreks 4x4 guide books for Colorado they are a nice additional resource give you an idea on difficulty/ access to a lot of spots.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
June and July, in Nevada?

Just a personal opinion, but you'd be far better off making that
trip in Nov. - Dec. Have you ever spent time outdoors in S. Nevada
in mid-July? Can get a bit toasty, and I sure as hell wouldn't want
to be hiking/digging in 110º heat...just not a good idea. Camping out
in that kind of weather is not for the weak hearted.

I see you're from Texas, and Texas has it's own brand of heat. In Nev.
you're looking at high heat and very low humidity. March/April are often
windy months, and it's getting hot by May. That desert will kill the unprepared.

Also, if you're staying in Vegas, that's a lot of extra driving (in traffic)
that you'll have to do. Plenty of good hotels in the outer edges of Vegas
and Denver, both.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if your still up to it in 2021-22 as that's the time I think I'll have it up to my eyeballs with todays mining industry. I could maybe go and dig more around the back country of Nevada with the goats I'll have around then, God willing!.... I just drove all across west on NV hwy 50 and east out I80 the end of last month. I really wanna get a good nug detector as there are so many long lost mining bug holes all over that country, plus I love the solitude of it all out there, but Diz is right end of summer is the best time in that basin and range, winter time Ug!. These are some pic's I took along the way on the last trip to a new developing underground Copper mine in Yerington, NV. The odd's of finding places and things out there where no ones been in a 100 years are pretty darn good imo. Just don't mention to anyone what ya got and where you found it. EVER, as those kind a things should only be known to you, God and the fence post.

Attachments

• trip 022819 1.jpg
    trip 022819 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • trip 022819 2.jpg
    trip 022819 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • trip 022819 3.jpg
    trip 022819 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
  • trip 022819 4.jpg
    trip 022819 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It might be good to see what others have found in the areas you're going. The gold bearing areas are well known here and most of the well known ones are probably prospected at least 10 times a summer by different people.
I have a claim but I spend most of my time prospecting for something better and I know there are others like me, cuz they are still out there. Maybe some other member has already been in the area and can give you a heads up?
The least known and least trodden paths have been the best for me. If it's easy access, forget it.

barrelroll

Dec 14, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I forgot how hot Vegas area is. I spent 2 years in Nevada off of Highway 50 in 2010-2012 when gold was booming. That area got hit hard by exploration companies but they probably left the little stuff alone. It's higher in elevation and nowhere near as bad as Vegas.

The areas within 1-2 hours of Denver accessible by Jeep get lots of traffic, maybe not prospectors but jeepers, campers, hikers, ect. every weekend. It's almost impossible to not run into someone on a trail within 2 hours of Denver on a weekend. There really aren't that many roads open for travel close to Denver. A lot of the roads open for travel were originally mine access roads. I'd imagine the stuff not accessible by motorized vehicles and off the known hiking trails will be much less picked over and you will have less people. The majority of Clear Creek County is patented claims, the county land map is a blob of mining claims with very little unclaimed ground. I've heard there's 1/2 a dozen very small mines operating but don't have any first hand knowledge of them.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Wyoming has been explored thoroughly, as the old-timers wanted to get across that place asap. Long time ago I was taking a goof off route home down through the town of Baggs Wyoming. There was a little rat hole antique shop there and as always I hit places like that. It was owned by a nice lady, but I couldn't help noticing a necklace she had with a gold nugget about the size of pea hanging on it. I asked her how she came by it and she said some of the local ranch hands find them up in the mountains that way. She pointed to the hills to the South East of Baggs. I did a little reading on the area, but saw there wasn't anymore than a handful propectors in history that settled the area to mine gold. I don't believe I ever found any reference to larger-scale load mining in the area either?. If anything you'll sure be left alone poking around, as that era is pretty unpopulated by tourist and all the thrill seekers who've flooded all up and down the back bone of the Colorado Rockies like it is today.

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drop me a PM as your time gets nearer. I tend to have a lot on my plate and won't know my schedule till we get a bit closer to summer. I have a lot of experience in old mine exploration both horizontal and vertical. I have dabbled in prospecting but don't claim to know much. I have a diesel F250 4X4, a good bit of exploring gear, and a bit of prospecting gear. Of course, I live in Vegas. Been here almost 40 years now.... Glad you aren't put off by a sidearm, I'll have mine. At my age, my drug of choice is Advil.

Joanne

Going to be in Nevada in June and July and a couple weeks in July will be in Colorado. I have researched quite a few areas and want to go prospect numerous potential claims, possibly/more than likely staking a few. Hoping to find a couple people from those states/area who would like to go out and do some prospecting, explore some old mines and stake a few claims of your own. (you can even fly or drive in if you are interested)

I had a nice claim was averaging .50 oz a ton on the low side about .75 on the high from staged ore and tailings

The guy who I used to do this with unfortunately can no longer do it. Poor fella decided he might like to sample another womans taco and now his wife wont let him go anywhere alone except work. Even sadder is he is a jailer so all he sees is guys all day long as well

I have a 2 dr Jeep Wrangler 4X4 lifted for plenty of clearance to get us pretty close to where we need to go. Wench etc as well
Room for your backpack and supplies in the back seat along with mine "trunk space" will contain some extra equipment, water, food, batteries, equipment to stake etc and some buckets to take some samples from anything staked

I have researched four primary areas. In Nevada My base will be Vegas. In Colorado my base will be Denver. That is where I will leave from daily.

I will be leaving at 5AM with expected return times around 8PM ish. Be out before dark unless camping it out which will be decided ahead of time and agreed to.

Don't want to go explore these by myself for obvious reasons and I myself wont stake something that isn't worth staking. Only way to determine that is to see the inside.

Now on a side note if someone who carries a firearm offends you and will trigger you please do not message me. If you need to drink beer while doing this do not message me. If you need to smoke weed while doing this or any other drugs do not message me.

To make this fair to whoever goes because obviously I am using you to assist me I will cover gas and food on the trail. I will also pay the cost to stake one claim if you are with me for a few days and I am able to stake a couple claims for myself

As far as claims go if claims are worth staking We can take turns picking I pick first you get 2nd and work it out from there. Ideally we will both be able to grab a few claims worth working.

These claims are all past producers though no idea what we will find. There will be quite a bit of walking and hiking. I am 45 and have a few miles on my body so everything will be a steady pace not a race. A lot of claims (though not all) will be be at least two adjoining claims which will allow for multiple (I estimate 5-6) a day if not eight to ten depending on how quickly we move

My dates are flexible because I will be in town so long.

If you are interested please shoot me a PM and we can discuss it. I will not give out any specifics of areas or claims realize everything is within driving distance of those cities.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just arrived in Denver today. Staying around 31st Ave in Denver. I have been trying to find a place to go the last couple days. I wish I knew someone here that can show me the ropes as to where these areas are. I went to gold-n-detectors today and bought a new Keene sluice and this book called finding gold in Colorado. Since we only have 1 truck to drive, my wife wants to drive my truck and so I have to find something closer than the GPAA Claim not too far. I don’t know how she is going to handle driving my lifted 4wD. I thought I was going to get some sleep tonight so I can get a early start but oh well. I have to find a place to use my new sluice

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just arrived in Denver today. Staying around 31st Ave in Denver. I have been trying to find a place to go the last couple days. I wish I knew someone here that can show me the ropes as to where these areas are. I went to gold-n-detectors today and bought a new Keene sluice and this book called finding gold in Colorado. Since we only have 1 truck to drive, my wife wants to drive my truck and so I have to find something closer than the GPAA Claim not too far. I don’t know how she is going to handle driving my lifted 4wD. I thought I was going to get some sleep tonight so I can get a early start but oh well. I have to find a place to use my new sluice

You bought the right book, and I'm sure the author - KevinInColorado - will be on here to thank you any time now.
Here's a link to his website: https://findinggoldincolorado.com (I hope I'm not breaking the rules, TNet moderators. Just trying to help gcmsdan out).

Kevin is the guy you need to connect with, sir. He knows that state and its gold like I know my way around my kitchen.

- Brian

Good luck and have fun!

barrelroll

Dec 14, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Please remind her the passing lane is on the left in Colorado, it seems like 50% of the time if there's a truck plugging up the left lane on I70 it has Texas plates hahaha

There's this place, never been but it's close by https://findinggoldincolorado.com/arapahoe-bar-tips/

Wheat Ridge Parks & Rec, CO

The water is going to possibly be high and weather isn't supposed to be great starting tonight with rain and snow predicted in the mountains.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you Brian. Yes, this book is amazing. KevinInColorado has written some amazing detail. I am a slow reader but this Arapahoe bar place you posted is where I am going. I was trying to figure out how do put the coordinates into ONX Hunt app but I am doing something wrong cause it takes me to somewhere in Australia. Thank you for that link I can put the address in then follow rhe rest of the details in the book.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Brian. Yes, this book is amazing. KevinInColorado has written some amazing detail. I am a slow reader but this Arapahoe bar place you posted is where I am going. I was trying to figure out how do put the coordinates into ONX Hunt app but I am doing something wrong cause it takes me to somewhere in Australia. Thank you for that link I can put the address in then follow rhe rest of the details in the book.

gcmsdan the coordinates for your app need to have a minus sign "-" before the 105 like so: -105.15xx
the 39.7xx should not have a minus sign.

That should get you out of Australia and back to Denver! :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest: