Something for the small operator - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Something for the small operator

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4311 times
    Prospecting
    Couple of things here.

First off, Socorro I keep you an apology. I looked right at the numbers for submicron gold and it didn't click. And for that I do apologize. I'm man enough to admit when I made a mistake and I Ken up to them.

GT,

I wish I could really tell people what I do for Freeport but I am under several nondisclosure agreements. All I can say is i get to play with a whole lot of experimental equipment from alot of big names around the world.

The problem here is what Socorro stated his machine will recover. 500 mesh is .001 inches in diameter. To put this in perspective, the average human hair is about .002 inches in diameter. So pull one out and split it lengthwise. He then goes on to claim his machine will recover 800-1000 mesh which is about .0007 to .0005 inches in diameter. This is where I call crap. The actual limit the human eye can see is around 400-500 mesh depending on the person's eyesight.

Another way to put this in perspective is to compare it to talcum power which is around 1250 mesh.

I was involved in a of testing several years ago that involved experimental recovery techniques for the mine here. What we found out is that around 500 mesh even gold will float away due to the surface tension of the water unless a surfactant is used. In the end we found that it is much easier to use flotation to recover particles that small.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4311 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Socorro View Post
    Entertaining for sure.
    Here ya go folks. Straight from his site.
    THE GOLD STORY ? LNW Engineering

Scroll down and read under The Gold Bug.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1939 times
    I was just funnin.MM, i have never worked floatation. I just use a table n wheel.
    Socorro my input here on your product is worthess i couldnt even afford it anyway.
    Good luck guys.
    Gt......

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4311 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    I was just funnin.MM, i have never worked floatation. I just use a table n wheel.
    Socorro my input here on your product is worthess i couldnt even afford it anyway.
    Good luck guys.
    Gt......
    It's all good brother. Freeport has put out a hell of a lot of money for my education so i get a little defensive when someone mentions there name along with spouting crap.

I posted up in another thread where EVERYBODY can get the same education I have if they are willing to throw down.

zw
    Jan 2015
    155 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Unfortunately guys , in mining we all have to put up with the sales people, that’s their job. With our friend Sorocco, that’s his business that looks like he started it, a small scale business, the type of business that needs support and perhaps his product is worth a try. I enjoy seeing startups work, especially in our industry.

Having been approached by many mining equipment manufacturers that claim all things under the sun, I will only buy something that is proven, the separator pictures I posted previously work for me but yes I use mercury, I can say this in confidence as I randomly pan the sands after the separator. When milling good ore, we often get floating gold so we throw in some dishwasher or soap powder on the ore before we mill and that seems to solve the problem.

Soroccos machine seems very expensive to me, I buy mine for less than one fifth of his machines price, I’m not sure what the difference is between the machines I use and the machine he builds, I would hope he would care to explain....

Sorocco, I will make you a proposal... send me a machine which I will run off a T piece so half my sand flows through my separator and half will flow through your machine. I will let you know if there is a difference!!

Anyway all been away for a while building an elution machine for me mine and concentrating mostly on my underground. I hope you are all well.
    tamrock likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links