tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GBG equipment turn YOUR prospecting dreams into mining reality. Probably no guarantee on that mission statement, but the price sure looks reasonable.

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just put a down payment for 2 hammer mills run off Chinese Diesel engines for a remote location of mine, they are supposed to do 800kg to 1 ton per hour. Iā€™m drilling a borehole for the site on Wednesday so I should have them up and running by Friday should I hit water!!! Fingers crossed.

The machines I am getting can both fit in the back of my pick up truck when disassembled and cost USD$1000 each. I also reiterate that I am in no way associated to the company. I will post pictures and videos of them running if Iā€™m lucky enough to hit water. The hill Iā€™m on is a very dry spot according to the water diviner I worked with(I was unable to dowse this on my own as kept getting conflicting readings) so wish me luck!!!

That machine you posted would be awesome on 12 volt. Nice looking machine do you think you could run it off Solar? That would be a giant step.

Last edited:

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks Great! I have been keeping an eye on their products for awhile now. The owner has been responsive and helpful by e-mail when I made inquiries.
Several years ago, I put a small, 3x4ish jaw crusher together along with a small impact mill for sample processing. The jaw crusher was made in Oregon and is light duty but still does a great job. It cost $735 after adding motor, wiring, stand, etc. I thought that was as cheap as it got. My little jaw crusher is no longer made and it will eventually need to be replaced.
This "baby" Olesi looks like a fantastic option seeing the price point and stated throughput. 300 lbs an hour is very respectable for such small size and is probably 3 times the output of my little jaw crusher. Way to go GoldBelt! No affiliation. Just happy to see new, affordable and innovative equipment offered.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just put a down payment for 2 hammer mills run off Chinese Diesel engines for a remote location of mine, they are supposed to do 800kg to 1 ton per hour. Iā€™m drilling a borehole for the site on Wednesday so I should have them up and running by Friday should I hit water!!! Fingers crossed.

The machines I am getting can both fit in the back of my pick up truck when disassembled and cost USD$1000 each. I also reiterate that I am in no way associated to the company. I will post pictures and videos of them running if Iā€™m lucky enough to hit water. The hill Iā€™m on is a very dry spot according to the water diviner I worked with(I was unable to dowse this on my own as kept getting conflicting readings) so wish me luck!!!

That machine you posted would be awesome on 12 volt. Nice looking machine do you think you could run it off Solar? That would be a giant step.
Are these hammer mills your talking about all made in China or just the engine?... It's amazing what one can find for mining equipment in China. I get contacted by the Chinese manufactures all the time about their mining stuff and inquiry on if We'd be interested in marketing the stuff they have. Some things like their rockdrill bits, I've sold for years now and the performance of them has really improved within the last 10 years or so. Their drill rods, ain't worth a pinch of monkey crap though. One of my customers bought a Chinese single boom hydraulic rock drill jumbo. It lacks a bit in performance over a Swedish unit, but the cost is like $150 grand less then a fine machine from Sweden. I took this pic of it at the face as they wanted me to see why it was eating up so much drill rod. They did have their percussion and rotation setting a little off, but the real issue I thought was the load a Chinese drill rod they bought cheap. I won't sell that stuff, so I got em to run some made in the US and it held up a lot better, but did cost substantially more. I told them to keep track of the usage to feet drilled and see what the real cost is on cheap consumables over the better stuff and that'll really tell you what your spending. I did sell more US made rod, so I think it goes without saying, just because it's cheap doesn't really mean your cutting your overhead. There's so many factors involved with underground mining and you need to be on top of it every step of the way, because if your not, it'll bankrupt your dreams real quick. I've seen it happen to a few small operations over the years. I've seen start-up mines that in a short time come to a close, because they didn't think it would cost as much as was estimated. Not even we were immured to some of those failures, by the money that was never received from products and services rendered.

Attachments

• drive 051418 3.jpg
    drive 051418 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea, by far the problem we face is the lack of quality equipment for the small guy. As mining picks up here, I think that will change.

We lucked out and bought a bunch of older Amerjcan made equipment cheap, so we will see.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Be sure to share pics. I almost bought a hammer mill from china until i found a US made industrial impact mill for a price I could not refuse.

I do have a china jaw crusher.. pros are, its cheap. Cons, the casting quality is bad, so we will see how long it will hang in there. I think with all china products like this the quality will be hit and miss. But for my case, $2500 vs $11-12k for a US made one it was worth the gamble. And there are a few US jaw crushers being sold that are really Chinese in origin.

This little crusher really will be great for small runs, lab testing etc however. Goldbelt really is probably the only reasonable domestically produced small scale you can buy these days

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C7082614-9C05-422E-AB04-D5AFA89F0F5A.jpeg

Iā€™m very impressed, each machine can easily do over 800kg per hour and fuel consumption is less than 1 liter per hour. Here in Africa where small scale mining is abundant there is a lot of cheap Chinese machinery aimed at small scale miners. The quality may not be the same as a German or American made machine but the replacement parts are equally cheap.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also have Trident S.A. in Wadeville, South Africa that can still produce the Eimco 12B rocker shovel muckers for the small underground operations. I know a contractor who bought a new Eimco 630 from them, but it wasn't really all that great of a price at $400k, but the Eimco machines can really get with in any smaller underground operation. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese don't have a comprable to such machines. A couple years ago I quoted 12 slusher's that were gonna come from China and that need is still on the table, but the startup funding is still hung up on that narrow vein project. The need for quite a few new Jackleg and stopper drills will also be included in the plan, however those won't be anything made in China. They're not very good at making a rockdills that can really hold up to the rigorous demands of hardrock mining. I've sold a few Chinese rockdills only because they make a smaller lighter drill as that's what the end user wanted. They were copies of a machine made in Japan that was once very popular in the uranium mines.

Attachments

• rockershovel6-1.jpg
    rockershovel6-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 341

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1738732

Iā€™m very impressed, each machine can easily do over 800kg per hour and fuel consumption is less than 1 liter per hour. Here in Africa where small scale mining is abundant there is a lot of cheap Chinese machinery aimed at small scale miners. The quality may not be the same as a German or American made machine but the replacement parts are equally cheap.
Boy I bet you can get away with a lot over there. MSHA over here would run out of ink writing up citations if they came across an operation like I see there. No ppe, guards on belts, dead man switches or high vis clothing and what all else you need to have to do the job safely?. I don't think we're allowed to walk and chew gum at the same time around here anymore wile performing even a simple task.

Last edited:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be some changes coming to Msha regarding small scale miners, but thats a whole other story

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Boy I bet you can get away with a lot over there. MSHA over here would run out of ink writing up citations if they came across an operation like I see there. No ppe, guards on belts, dead man switches or high vis clothing and what all else you don't need to have to do the job safely?. I don't think we're allowed to walk and chew gum at the same time around here anymore wile performing even a simple task.

Yea, MSHA is on site here right now. Told the one inspector to go pound sand last week. Tried giving me a personal S&S citation for grinding with my welding hood on. My hood is Z87 rated so he can suck it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be some changes coming to Msha regarding small scale miners, but thats a whole other story
What?... They gonna recruit even more new mine inspectors. Seems here in Colorado there are more msha mine inspectors then we have in active mines now.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, quite the opposite. No MSHA is what I have heard for small mom n pop operations, or at the least more lax regulations.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, quite the opposite. No MSHA is what I have heard for small mom n pop operations, or at the least more lax regulations.
Maybe so, as there's bigger fish to fry in the eyes of msha as the big companies pay their citations. In one of my annual refreshers the instructor went down a list of citations and the companies that received them and those who all contested their fines and those who paid without any recourse. Seems those who were not accepting of the fine were mostly smaller mine operations that held up paying the fines by contesting it. The ones that pay were all the big Freport's, Newmonts and the like. Maybe they figured they can't squeeze blood out of a turnip and don't wanna spend the money running down every small time miner writing citations he'll just turn around and contest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread