Ya'll remember when I said the future was in smaller mines?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a good hopper, I didn't read the weight capacity but you really want to look at the dump angle also and how they're hooked to the skids. This one with the posts on the dump will be tough to get back on if it slips forward, but slipping them sideways is the easiest with this brand and it's really well built. I've used this brand and many others over the years and for ease and dependability, this one is really good. The only thing that worries me is the wall thickness, I'm thinking 3/32" but maybe they have different grades.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked again, it says 3/16 wall thickness, which is ok for dirt and trash, but it's a medium duty hopper. Remember that the entire floor and walls are only 3/16" thick. They usually break at the welds on the handles first, but welding is easy enough. Still though, look at heavy duty hoppers for rock to compare.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I looked again, it says 3/16 wall thickness, which is ok for dirt and trash, but it's a medium duty hopper. Remember that the entire floor and walls are only 3/16" thick. They usually break at the welds on the handles first, but welding is easy enough. Still though, look at heavy duty hoppers for rock to compare.

I just grabbed a link to show Blaster J what I was talking about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread