OP
OP
Joanne

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys! I really appreciate you taking the time to watch. I'm brand new to the YouTube game and am trying to make interesting videos.

Joanne

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonopah. I stayed there one night because I was doing a little business with a small mine up north of town in Manhattan, Nevada. Before I found me a room in town I stopped for a bite. There was a fella in the restaurant who kinda prodded me into having a conversation with him. I run into that from time to time being a stranger and all in a small town. Told him I'd be looking for a place to stay before heading up to Manhattan in the morning. He said well I was in luck, as he owed the motel at the end of town and to follow him over and he'll give me a swinging deal. Turns out he was the owner of the on the list creepy places to stay Clown Motel. It's was creepy for sure, but not nearly as bad as some of the other dives I've had to resort to when all the other places around were full up. Dang office was a whole wall of little clown figurines. I did sleep ok and had no bad dreams of being ganged up on by a pack of creepy clowns. Man an earthquake wouldn't be good on all those old buildings in Tonopah. One hit Wells Nevada years back and it rattled most all the 100 year old brick buildings in the old part of town. They finally bulldozed most of the old buildings to the ground. At least the cat houses held up in Wells and that I'm sure was a relief to a lot of I80 truckers.

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually got married in Tonopah.
Had to fetch the preacher out of a local parade down the road in goldfield.
He was riding motorcycle for christ, another time traded fresh trout to an old timer out there for some rocks to polish ..
I like Tonopah,
Strange things and nice old structures out in that ole desert .
Gt ..

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldfield also has an awesome year-round fireworks stand. When my buddy asked if the mortars, roman candles, etc. were legal, the guy said "Well, they're legal in THIS county."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread