Old Hard Rock Mine

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering around in the mountains a while back and came across this old hard rock mine. I will have to go back when I have time and take a look around. The portal had caved a long time ago but must have been about 500 foot of track laying there. IMG_5129 (2).JPG IMG_5130 (2).JPG IMG_5138 (2).JPG IMG_5141 (2).JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any clue what pound rail that is?

OP
OP
cyzak

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have no idea but how they got it in there had to be a feat in it self. It is just unbelievable what these old miners did to get some color. Ill have to go back in there again and take a closer look last time I was short on time do to bad weather coming in on me.That old cabin was pretty cool to they had a big ole natural spring there to with some real funny bushes in there I had not seen before in that country. IMG_5143 (2).JPG IMG_5130 (2).JPG

Last edited:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a great place to explore around. It is amazing the amount of energy the old miners expended to do what they did. I bet is was a good mine with that much track laying there! I wonder if there is a way to research it more. Cool place, there is probably a bunch of ore cars in there. Let me know if you need a hand getting them out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread