A huge tungsten mine with an ICBM missle research station
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Joanne
  • 1 Post By russau

Thread: A huge tungsten mine with an ICBM missle research station

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    215 times
    Prospecting

A huge tungsten mine with an ICBM missle research station

Hi all!

I just released a new video. This tungsten mine is amazing because itís a sprawling modern mine. Itís also an old mine from the early 1900s. It was the site of an ICBM Deep Basing experiment during the cold war. And we even found a volcanic vent to climb into and explore. Iíve visited the mine on a couple of occasions and thereís always something new to see.

I hope you enjoy it! If you did, please leave a comment in the YouTube comments. That helps the channel grow. We will have more videos coming soon.

Joanne

us
    Blastrer

Apr 2020
    Southern California
    136 times
    Prospecting
    This is such an interesting place. Need to get back there.

Aug 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    215 times
    Prospecting
    Blaster J,

Since you've been there, you know why I get so excited about the place. It really is amazing. Did you guys find anything special that stands out to you? Seems like everyone has a favorite aspect about the mine.

Joanne

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4884 times
    Joanne what a super job and plans for the teardrop trailer ! My son is wanting to build one of these for his family to go camping in . Although he has his own ideas on what he want's ,your plans would do him just fine! I've copied your plans and I'm going to give them to him today! I'm sure he will really like them and hopefully use them instead of his plans! I will help him with it because I have the welder and equipment to do this ! THANKYOU for posting this ! I'll take pictures as he get's started building this ! GREAT POST !!!! I sent you a email !
    Last edited by russau; Oct 12, 2020 at 05:38 AM.
    Joanne likes this.

Aug 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    215 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    Joanne what a super job and plans for the teardrop trailer ! My son is wanting to build one of these for his family to go camping in . Although he has his own ideas on what he want's ,your plans would do him just fine! I've copied your plans and I'm going to give them to him today! I'm sure he will really like them and hopefully use them instead of his plans! I will help him with it because I have the welder and equipment to do this ! THANKYOU for posting this ! I'll take pictures as he get's started building this ! GREAT POST !!!! I sent you a email !
    Hey Russ! I received your email and forwarded you as many of the working drawings as I could find on my PC. They might help as you two start planning the build. I would LOVE to see pictures as you progress. I hope it turns out amazing! All the best.

Joanne

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4884 times
    Thankyou Joanne ! Both my son and my oldest daughter want to build something on the order as you shown ! I have several axles and rectangular steel heavy wall tubing that I want to build the frame with. Maybe I'll get around to it when the snow fly's and I can get into my shop to set it up ! Thanks for your guidance /idea's !! I'll try to remember to take some pic's as I assemble them !

us
    Blastrer

Apr 2020
    Southern California
    136 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Blaster J,

Since you've been there, you know why I get so excited about the place. It really is amazing. Did you guys find anything special that stands out to you? Seems like everyone has a favorite aspect about the mine.

Joanne
    I think the still-intact shower and dry were really cool as well as the huge raise bored holes.
    Last edited by BlasterJ; Oct 16, 2020 at 10:00 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links