A huge tungsten mine with an ICBM missle research station

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all!

I just released a new video. This tungsten mine is amazing because it’s a sprawling modern mine. It’s also an old mine from the early 1900s. It was the site of an ICBM Deep Basing experiment during the cold war. And we even found a volcanic vent to climb into and explore. I’ve visited the mine on a couple of occasions and there’s always something new to see.

I hope you enjoy it! If you did, please leave a comment in the YouTube comments. That helps the channel grow. We will have more videos coming soon.

Joanne

OP
OP
Joanne

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Blaster J,

Since you've been there, you know why I get so excited about the place. It really is amazing. Did you guys find anything special that stands out to you? Seems like everyone has a favorite aspect about the mine.

Joanne

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Joanne what a super job and plans for the teardrop trailer ! My son is wanting to build one of these for his family to go camping in . Although he has his own ideas on what he want's ,your plans would do him just fine! I've copied your plans and I'm going to give them to him today! I'm sure he will really like them and hopefully use them instead of his plans! I will help him with it because I have the welder and equipment to do this ! THANKYOU for posting this ! I'll take pictures as he get's started building this ! GREAT POST !!!!:occasion14: I sent you a email !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joanne

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Joanne what a super job and plans for the teardrop trailer ! My son is wanting to build one of these for his family to go camping in . Although he has his own ideas on what he want's ,your plans would do him just fine! I've copied your plans and I'm going to give them to him today! I'm sure he will really like them and hopefully use them instead of his plans! I will help him with it because I have the welder and equipment to do this ! THANKYOU for posting this ! I'll take pictures as he get's started building this ! GREAT POST !!!!:occasion14: I sent you a email !

Hey Russ! I received your email and forwarded you as many of the working drawings as I could find on my PC. They might help as you two start planning the build. I would LOVE to see pictures as you progress. I hope it turns out amazing! All the best.

Joanne

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Thankyou Joanne ! Both my son and my oldest daughter want to build something on the order as you shown ! I have several axles and rectangular steel heavy wall tubing that I want to build the frame with. Maybe I'll get around to it when the snow fly's and I can get into my shop to set it up ! Thanks for your guidance /idea's !! I'll try to remember to take some pic's as I assemble them !:coffee2:

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Blaster J,

Since you've been there, you know why I get so excited about the place. It really is amazing. Did you guys find anything special that stands out to you? Seems like everyone has a favorite aspect about the mine.

Joanne

I think the still-intact shower and dry were really cool as well as the huge raise bored holes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread