tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tour mine I deal with is taking the fun even further, as he just purchased this little train to add to the tour mine. The mine was actively mined up into the 90 I believe and has been in his family for maybe half a century. The fella who owns it showed me areas in the mine he worked in when he was maybe sixteen years old. He's been a mining engineer most of his career and an instructor at the School of Mines in Golden Colorado. The tour mine has really become quite popular and turning a profit even during these current covid situation the year ended up with a profit after being shut down at the beginning of the tourists season. Heck maybe after I turn 67 and throw in my brass for good, I'll let my hair grow and stop shaving and maybe be a tour guide part time up there. That'll be less than 3 years, but I did take a new job with a mine supply company that's been awesome so far and with that I might work on to who knows when, as things are really picking up with the metals prices and investors have opened up the purse strings to get these small gold and silver operation up and producing once again. Hell I gotta head up to one small gold mine this Saturday as I'm doing what I can to get ahead of that business while the irons hot.

Attachments

• 20201113_054651.jpg
    20201113_054651.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is just Steamin' Hot! Best of luck to you!!!:headbang:

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's great! I'll take my kids there when it's up and running. They really enjoyed the Hidee tour. Do they already have track laid?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said he's got 1000' of track laid with a in and out drift, but the big plan is to excavate a loop. This tour mine is the Phoenix mine. I've met a fella named Chris who's with the Hidee mine at the Colo state msha refresher class. In the past I've always gotten my msha annual refresher at the the school of mines Edgar mine, which is an educational mine and now the mine rescue training facility also. The state of Colorado has for years put on a refresher for the small operators and peddlers, such as I in the state at the Edgar. This year covid put it off, so I had to pay $75.00 to get it done this year over in coal county. That was the first time I've ever had to pay in all the years I've maintained it. but I got certified for both ug and surface coal and ug, + shafts and surface metal non-metal metal mines out of that class. Not that I really need all that, but I will at times go underground and most the big operators require all persons going beyond a warehouse delivery are to be msha trained, so I do keep it up for that.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been in the Phoenix several times they have a very interesting ore body in that one, ole Tom Massey even took a tour there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions