CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.

I'm looking for recommendations for assayers. Simple gold and silver assays. Prices keep rising and many places have minimum order requirements.
Must have's:
-Professional
-Reliable
-Print out report or email but has to be on a professional looking assay sheet
-Under $48

I've used Reed Labs in CA when it was $40/sample. Professional and good print out. But now $48
I've tried Lawrence Hittle in CO. $35/sample. Not enough info to comment on accuracy. No professional report.
Home friend assays but at this point I need some "official" reports.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've used Reed, and would again.
Jim

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.

I'm looking for recommendations for assayers. Simple gold and silver assays. Prices keep rising and many places have minimum order requirements.
Must have's:
-Professional
-Reliable
-Print out report or email but has to be on a professional looking assay sheet
-Under $48

I've used Reed Labs in CA when it was $40/sample. Professional and good print out. But now $48
I've tried Lawrence Hittle in CO. $35/sample. Not enough info to comment on accuracy. No professional report.
Home friend assays but at this point I need some "official" reports.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

https://gjlaboratories.com/ Here ya go these guys FN rock.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look up Hazen in Golden.
I see they do fire assays and I remember them as being a reputable group.

utahvikingr

Nov 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m the assayer at the mine I work at. Problem with using larger companies doing assays is that they don’t really have an “assayer”, they have “assay technicians” who really know nothing about assaying other than mixing a standard-across-the-board flux.

To get a true assay, you need to have an actual assayer conduct a custom assay, using a custom flux, depending on whether it’s a carbonate or silica based ore, and depending on the levels of barium, tellurium, and other elements. A true custom flux assay will usually cost a bit more for the first fire, and less for each consecutive sample if you continue sending in samples of the same host rock composition.

Where about do you live?

utahvikingr

Nov 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a message, I can help you out. I have a little lab here where I do stuff on the side. How many samples do you have? Are they already crushed/pulverized?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread