Does this look like Gold?

budzag

Greenie
Aug 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I have been working on building a shaker table for the best part of a year in my free time. It seems to do a nice job catching all the sulfides and heavy things that i run on it. Now here is the thing i have smelted a couple buttons with the cons run from the table adding about 2 grams of copper mixed in. Would anyone know if this looks right the button has a slight yellow shine. how would i go about getting this tested for gold content? any help would be much appreciated thanks guys:icon_scratch:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
There are several ways to check the Karat of your suspected gold Prill ! A scratch test with a known gold Karet . A specific gravity test . take it to your local collage to the Geology Department and ask them to check it out . OR find some ole grizzled goold club member to check it out ! OR you could send it to me and I'LL check it out and give it the super checkout test from my extensive laboratory staff !:tongue3::occasion14: I'm sure I can finger it out !:coffee2:

OP
OP
B

budzag

Greenie
Aug 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several ways to check the Karat of your suspected gold Prill ! A scratch test with a known gold Karet . A specific gravity test . take it to your local collage to the Geology Department and ask them to check it out . OR find some ole grizzled goold club member to check it out ! OR you could send it to me and I'LL check it out and give it the super checkout test from my extensive laboratory staff !:tongue3::occasion14: I'm sure I can finger it out !:coffee2:

Hi Russau, Thanks for your help i think i will make a few more then take them in somewhere to get tested :hello2:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like 16kt+ gold to me just judging by the color.
I can test it, unfortunately I can't give the samples back since return shipping is just too darn expensive :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread