Where to have quartz rock assayed?

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
cali209,try the International California mining journal.cheaper yet is to crush and pan it out yourself.One rock is not a fair sample to give an accurate result of a vein.Perhaps you just want to know the minerals in it??........Dave

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Ideally you should have a few hundred pounds. Crush it, mix thoroughly, then spread it out, take 1/4, then mix that 1/4 part again Spread it out , take 1/4 again, then take your assay sample from this, saving the rest for comparative assays if needed.

As mentioned by Dave, one rock will only tell you what that rock is composed of, not your vein structure.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
C

cali209

Nov 13, 2007
Northern California
I can't crush it and pan it as its going to be microfine gold if there is any.

I'm just looking for a place where I can send in about a 10 pound rock to see if there is any gold in it and how much.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
If it is so micro and can't be seen a detector won't pick it up........Cali,you must be planning on runnuing a fair sized OP/or selling a prospect to someone.Tough for an individual to make a go on a quartz mine with micro gold.On some occasions a few specks of gold on the outside will reveal a sizeable amount inside.After crushing and panning to the fines one can always you a loupe,5x/10x glass microscope etc. to check for fines.the fines can also be further crushed and fired then checked.........Dave

rich68

Greenie
Mar 8, 2007
Walnut Creek, CA
There was a government report done a few years back to 'test' the accuracy of about 50 labs doing assays.

I cannot find the report on my hard drive right now, but I do remember the name of one of the best and cheapest, and have used them myself.

The company was ACME labs in Canada.

They were pretty quick in their analysis, and even answered a few questions for me over the phone since I had never had an assay done before.

Their website is
www.acmelab.com

Best of luck to you on your find.

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread