Nother good man gone

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Yesterday ;Gary A. Hoffman ,pursuant to his duties at Robinson Run mine in WV,headed into the mine operating the front locomotive of a supply train.
Said supply train went out of control and Gary jumped or was thrown from the locomotive and was killed in the ensuing pileup.
Thus ended the life of one of the finest individuals I have ever known.35 years underground and 55 years old.He could have retired this year.
Thought of posting as a Rant but who that hasn't been on captive air would give a crap.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so very sorry on the loss of your friend, May he find peace and his family be comforted by all.. there really isnt words to express how one feels on something like this, its always so very hard to put it to words..I just hope that his family has tons of friends and family to help them thru this terrible time.. I am truly sad to hear this.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Thank's. Even the undertaker is sorry to see him go.He was that well liked.Viewing will be like the ticket line at a rock concert.
Bottom line is that when it is all over his wife,who is as fine as he was,is going home to a bed without her husband's snore in it.Forever....

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
bbqbull said:
Sorry for your loss Butch.
His family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks,all for your sympathy.The irony is that when I started training my friend on a locomotive over 30 years ago I told him at a local bar in front of his wife,"If you want to continue 'playing'with these toy trains;you have Bev,"his only wife,"buy a brand new sheet for your wrapping 'cause these things will kill you if you play with them long enough."
The look in Bev's tearfilled eyes as she hugged me in front of her husband's coffin communicated that she had never forgotton those words.She placed no blame on me,she just remembered....And so did I.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread