Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
T

trish76642

Re: I'm headed to Oahu...any tips

I wanna go :sad10:

No tips for ya sista...all i can say "if it beeps, dig!" HA!! Hope ya have a wonderful time! Let us know what you find!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You will love Lanakai beach on the windward side of Oahu and the view out to the Mokulua Islands is cool too, the only thing is beware of Portugese Man-of-War their sting can ruin your vacation.

I went to high school on Oahu and have been back to visit once since then and it really is paradise.

Aloha,

GG~

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Goodyguy said:
You will love Lanakai beach on the windward side of Oahu and the view out to the Mokulua Islands is cool too, the only thing is beware of Portugese Man-of-War their sting can ruin your vacation.

I went to high school on Oahu and have been back to visit once since then and it really is paradise.

Aloha,

GG~

I was stung by a man-of-war one time in Padre Island...I never want to go through that again!!! My stay will be almost right in line with the Mokulua Islands. If I have the guts...I may row out there. Wow, you moved FROM Hawaii??? I guess everywhere had their pros and cons....I wouldn't be able to live there, but can't wait to visit. My first trip to Hawaii!

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

~trish~ said:
I wanna go :sad10:

No tips for ya sista...all i can say "if it beeps, dig!" HA!! Hope ya have a wonderful time! Let us know what you find!

Yeah, I hear ya Trish. I am going to have to try and invest in a water unit...or at least a beach unit before I go...don't think my Ace or Tesero will like the beach too much!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know how long you will be staying but a trip to upside down falls and Nuuanu Pali Lookout is a must! They are both located on the windward side in the Nuuanu Pali State Park and you will remember them for a lifetime.

Just don't let the Menehune's get you. ;D

GG~

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

Goodyguy said:
I don't know how long you will be staying but a trip to upside down falls and Nuuanu Pali Lookout is a must! They are both located on the windward side in the Nuuanu pali state park and you will remember them for a lifetime.

Just don't let the menehune's get you. ;D

GG~

Okay...but first you have to tell me what a "nenehune" is! You know...I'm just a Texas girl, so I have no clue and will stick out like a sore thumb as a tourist! I will be there for 8 days, so I will definitely need to go to that. It is on Oahu, right? We are not island jumping this time....maybe another time. Any other sightseeing trips are definitely welcome. My 11 year old daughter insists on a Luau, but I don't know which one to attend. I LOVE waterfalls and flowers, so I will definitely take you up on that tip!! Thanks Goodguy!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I believe one of the very best Luau's in Hawaii with out a doubt is at the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu, although it is not on the beach. Everything I mentioned is on Oahu. And you will have the vacation of a lifetime there.

Oh.....when you go to Waikiki beach try to take in the Kodak Hula show it's close to Waikiki and it's free and excellent!
You really need two weeks to see everything but there is always next time.
The locals wear their swimsuits under their clothing at all times and it rains a little somewhere on the Island every day.

You will have to find out about the Menehune's on your own ;D

GG~

gsitexas

Oct 12, 2006
Stephenville, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Omega 8000, CZ-3D, Bandito II uMax and Troy X-2

Hello,

Headed to Hawaii on June 20th as well. Two week trip to the Big Island, Oahu and Kauai.

The best tip I can give you is check out the guide books by Andrew Doughty at the website www.wizardpub.com. Click on the tab for Oahu and you can find the detail about the book there. Picked my up at the local book store.

For lots of good info go to the Oahu tab and then select links. Also great references for best sites, beaches, lodging and places to eat.

Regards,

Keith

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

gsitexas said:
Hello,

Headed to Hawaii on June 20th as well. Two week trip to the Big Island, Oahu and Kauai.

The best tip I can give you is check out the guide books by Andrew Doughty at the website www.wizardpub.com. Click on the tab for Oahu and you can find the detail about the book there. Picked my up at the local book store.

For lots of good info go to the Oahu tab and then select links. Also great references for best sites, beaches, lodging and places to eat.

Regards,

Keith

Wow Keith, so you'll be there too! R u taking your MD? Have fun...I know I will!!!! Thanks for the tip!

gsitexas

Oct 12, 2006
Stephenville, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Omega 8000, CZ-3D, Bandito II uMax and Troy X-2

Yes, taking a Fisher CZ-3D and a Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax. I sold my TigerShark a year ago to raise money for a new telescope so I don't have a water machine any longer.

I hope you make some great finds while in Hawaii. I'm just looking forward to getting away from work and spending some time out on the beach.

Best regards,

Keith

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

gsitexas said:
Yes, taking a Fisher CZ-3D and a Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax. I sold my TigerShark a year ago to raise money for a new telescope so I don't have a water machine any longer.

I hope you make some great finds while in Hawaii. I'm just looking forward to getting away from work and spending some time out on the beach.

Best regards,

Keith

Man, I hear ya on the getting away from work part. I don't have a water machine either, so I don't know how this thing is going to react, but we'll see. I just have an Ace 250 and Tesero Silver, but I think I'm just taking the Ace. Good luck and have fun!

Susan

T

trish76642

Dang, i just knew you had gone and come back already, and you havent even left yet!

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

~trish~ said:
Dang, i just knew you had gone and come back already, and you havent even left yet!

No girl...I go next WEDNESDAY!! I cannot WAIT! Mentally, I'm already on vacation, but that is a pretty typical day for me! ;D

T

trish76642

I bet you cant wait either! I sure thought you had already gone...i jumped in here thinking you found something good on your trip!

Take lots of pictures so we can see em when you get back!

I'm jelous....only trip i get to go on is my hubbys once a year Bass Tournament...yey

Somethings so not right about that picture....

Have fun girl...think about me will ya?!

Likely Guy

DON'T (I repeat) DON'T pick up the Tiki Idol!

Attachments

• bb_tiki1.jpg
    bb_tiki1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 400
OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used

~trish~ said:
I bet you cant wait either! I sure thought you had already gone...i jumped in here thinking you found something good on your trip!

Take lots of pictures so we can see em when you get back!

I'm jelous....only trip i get to go on is my hubbys once a year Bass Tournament...yey

Somethings so not right about that picture....

Have fun girl...think about me will ya?!

You are too funny!!! See, now a bass tournament would be second heaven to me....bass fishing is my #1 hobby...believe it or not!

T

trish76642

You are too funny!!! See, now a bass tournament would be second heaven to me....bass fishing is my #1 hobby...believe it or not!

i'll trade places with ya?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread