Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Re: White's M6 Vs. Xterra 50 or Xterra 70

With those three to choose from, I wouldn't consider the 50, because while a good detector, doesn't measure up to the other two. That said, for versatility, depth, quality, etc., the 70 trumps the M6, and the MXT for that matter. Best detector in its class by far. Pretty much any class.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Yep, I agree with what's been said about the XT-70 and I'm not a shill for the company. I just call it like I see it and I'm finding myself using my XT-70 a lot more than the MXT I've been using for good while. Its a good, lightweight, easy to use detector.

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine

I am a coinshooter and the x-70 is way hotter on the silver than the M6. This is mainly because te M6 operates at 14Khz. Every time I use my 3Khz coil on the Xterra I hit silver.

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

any white's fans want to jump in here? I should also say that the mxt is still in the running...i've heard that the guts on the m6 are the same just less bells and whistles.
thanks

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I was strictly an MXT guy until I got an X-terra 70 through a fluke. I bought an F75 and it had serious problems (low power, EMI, a lot of falsing, etc.). I sent the F75 back in for a new machine and the replacement wasn't much better. I spent the better part of the summer trying to get the F75 to work in the places I hunt and decided it just wasn't worth it. I had a decision, sell it and lose a couple hundred because the warranty is non transferrable or trade it and get a slightly more equitable deal. I opted to trade and since the guy I used to hunt with had always done well with an X-terra 70 I decided, what the hey and now I realize it was the best deal I've made this year. I used to find myself spending a lot of time trying to figure out the target when using my MXT and I'm finding that I dig stuff faster and decide easier on what to dig since I have a machine that has tone ID (even in all metal). And, I don't feel like my shoulder is on fire when I'm done hunting all day. If I had it to over I would have chosen the X-terra over the MXT. The real depth that you're getting out of these machines is not all that different. To me its becoming more about digging less trash, digging faster and finding more goodies. Good luck with your choice. Have you seen info on the Whites Prizm 6-T? It might be more of what you're looking for, because to me it looks a lot like Whites answer to the crop of lightweight all digital machines that are starting to take over the market. And, it looks to have a lot of the same features as the X-terra. Its even the same weight at 3lbs.

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks bama,
i did see something on the new prism but it was just an advertisement. i am looking to acquire a land machine that will last me for the next several years. choices choices choices
thanks

KurtB

Sep 8, 2006
Lincoln, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70, CZ20, IDX Pro

I have a x70 and a M6 and I find myself picking up the x-70 most of the time.

Kurt

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess I shouldn't really reply but I do have both machines.. I have had the M6 for a a little over a year and have adapted to it.. The Xt70 I'm still learning.. Both are great machines and do compete with many overpriced ones.....The Xt70 is fast and deep... Very easy and like the tones in all-metal mode.. The M6 is the one I still grab for the coils I use on it.. The Super 12" is on it about 75% ofthe time.. The 5.3 keeps on impressing me with its depth... So with a different coil on Xt70 each is its own learning experiance.. I want to try a 3kHz on my Xt70 next.. I seeing if I can trade a 5x10 DD for one.. Can't go wrong with either one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread