The results are in..Ace 250 at same level as an ebay chinese detector!!

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fellow Hunters

I just received my ebay prize(LOL)...the $100...Viper underwater detector...I have read all of the crappy reviews and figured...eh maybe i will get an inch if im lucky....

I just took it out in my backyard and found 5 pieces of metal all within 1-7 inches!!

Not only that but I brought the ole Ace out for some play and could not beleive my ears...

Every piece of metal i found with the Viper, the Ace found too!!!

In all metal mode, The cheap chinese junk actually keeps up with the ACE 250!?

Of course minus the 3 diff tones, pinpointing and junk seperation...

Next test..will it last underwater....gulp...

It did leak...started acting funny...sensitivity will not pick up anything smaller than a beer can....then once it dried it went back to normal. ....BTW..this thing cant keep up with the 150..

Irontask

Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab/ Explorer ll/ Sovereign/ Tesoro Tiger Shark
Re: The results are in..Ace250 v. ebay chinese detector!!

The Chinese detector could have a quality issue,but they do seem to be producing better goods.Hopefully there's no lead in the paint or leaks LOL. Good Luck Ron

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Larsmed said:
Fellow Hunters

It seems to me your saying that after you detected 5 pieces of metal with the Chinese machine the Ace detected the same pieces?
To me you could have used any detector to confirm 5 pieces of metal the Chinese machine found.
So why not use a $1000 machine to confirm the metal targets?
Then you could say that the Chinese machine was on par with a $1000 detector.

I just received my ebay prize(LOL)...the $100...Viper underwater detector...I have read all of the crappy reviews and figured...eh maybe i will get an inch if im lucky....

I just took it out in my backyard and found 5 pieces of metal all within 1-7 inches!!
Any detector that runs in all metal mode should pick up metal pretty easy.

Not only that but I brought the ole Ace out for some play and could not beleive my ears...

Every piece of metal i found with the Viper, the Ace found too!!!
Any high priced machine will do that too

In all metal mode, The cheap chinese junk actually keeps up with the ACE 250!?
You have it reversed.

Of course minus the 3 diff tones, pinpointing and junk seperation...
If you want to only hunt in all metal mode without discrimination, TID, pinpoint mode etc. Then the Chinese machine will serve you well.

Next test..will it last underwater....gulp...
Here is where your Chinese machine will beat the Ace 250.
Unless you have one of these?

Attachments

• DSCF2169.JPG
    DSCF2169.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 955
  • DSCF2169.JPG
    DSCF2169.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 777

VaRelics

Mar 27, 2009
I'm not a diver but it looks like a lot of air in the case of that Chinese detector :icon_scratch:? If your not carefull it might decide to surface without you. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Khouse

Hey my engineering abilities are not as good as yours, so I dont see how I could waterproof my ace w/o destroying it...Im short on funds so this chinese detector is the only way i try to get underwater treasures..I just need to be careful to not dunk the headphones..they may not last.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I would have to think your Viper phones are waterproof. Be careful in the fresh water! I had a Snapping turtle bite a large hunk out of my leg. Also a large Gar took one of my fingers off!
Just kidding. Go have some fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread