l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cibola is much better, but it does not have the target ID screen like the 250.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion, the cibola hands down, I've had both of these machines. Once you get accustomed to not looking at the screen and using the disc knob. you can't go wrong.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cibola will get deeper in the ground but with only one tone and no screen it may be hard to get used to. Both are good machines and are fun to user. I sold my 250 to a friend and he loves it . My cibola replaced my old CZ once I got used to it and found that it was a great machine . It goes deep!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apples and oranges comparison. They are two completely different machines. I have an ACE 250 and a Silver Umax and the ACE is easier to use because of the full read out screen. But the Umax will go deeper and is much lighter. Wouldn't part with either one. Both machines are spares or loaners and the ACE is the best for a "rookie" to use I think. The Umax is very similar to the Cibola but with less features. Monty

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
birdman said:
The cibola will get deeper in the ground but with only one tone and no screen it may be hard to get used to. Both are good machines and are fun to user. I sold my 250 to a friend and he loves it . My cibola replaced my old CZ once I got used to it and found that it was a great machine . It goes deep!

One tone? :icon_scratch: How do ya know when to dig? With my other detectors there are a range of tones or pitches. That I decide to dig or not. FYI / I'm using Black Widows Headphones.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thumb the disc knob and listen to the quality of the tone you have to use a little more brain power using a non TID detector thats why many enjoy using them, but the discrimination is outsanding. Its not hard, just take a little time to get accustomed.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hear the one tone according to your discrimination setting. Using no discrimination or very limited, you get a tone and then jockey your discrimination knob until the tone disappears. The point where it disappears is what your target probably is. If it doesn't go away, it is probably silver or some other high value metal. It's all in the wrists! :D Monty

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
I've got a Ace and the Vaquero. If you don't mind not having a TID the Cibola will serve you well. The Cibola will be deeper, pinpoint way better, you don't even need to use the pinpoint button, just X the target. It has very fast retune which is great at trashy sites. Even though it has only one tone you'll learn there is a lot of info in how that one tone sounds(clipped or broken, weak or strong etc) depending on the target. If you hunt in areas that might have mineralized soil or at the beach take a look at the Vaq. the GB is a plus.

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
I would say the Tesoro. I have a Silver Saber uMax and a friend with the 250. We have traded off machines and both like the Tesoro....plus you can't beat the Tesoro warranty....

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
The Cibola is much better than the Ace 250 actually in my opinion any Tesoro is better than the Ace 250. I have owned (and used) two 250's and alot of Tesoro models and none of the Tesoro's have that awful sounding belltone or that slow response time. Steve.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100% agree with that statement Steve, had the Ace 250 and a few tesoros.

Desert_Rat

Jun 11, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Amigo II/Diablo uMax/Sidewinder
Get with the Cibola. you'll love the depth and you'll learn the tone. ;D If you don't like its sound you can have it changed. I had mine moved to a higher pitch so I can hear the faint signals better. Plus you can't beat the warranty.

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good ,solid replys from every one , thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread