Havent seen this yet?? Whites Surf PI Dual Field Vs. Tesoro Sand Shark

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do hate snotty kids. I have all the above mentioned machines plus Eric Fosters Beachscan, Surfscan and Deepstar, Whites TDI etc which anyone is welcomed to try at any time. Unfortunately many can't pinpoint for toffee and this does allow them to claim fantastic depths. Just try a test peg or bury a ring (on a measured length of string) then try to locate it.
O dear it can't be done !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, what have we learned here? I'll sum it up:

The Tesoro Sand Shark, which costs less than all the other Pulse Induction beach machines that it has been compared to and has a much better Warranty, can - and does - find just as much gold and silver on the world's beaches and in its oceans than any of the others.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
terry your lobo is a fake 5 inches at it max depth a white's would run circle around it
lobo is a coin collector and that is all it will ever amount too 17 khz isn't high enough to find any thing small tesoro should go back to the drawing board

Either you never owned a lobo or your to (removed by mod )

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
terry your super trax by tesoro
give me a break
tesoro is a first Texas instrument along with fisher bounty hunter and tecnektics...
it doe's operate high enough to fine the good stuff a true gold detector will find

LMAO! After a few thousand hours using the Lobo Super Traq in the goldfields of Arizona and California, I know it is one of the finest VLF nuggetshooters on the market. I use the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq as my exclusive VLF machine for gold nugget hunting both at my school - and personally. It is plenty deep and very sensitive to small gold. Arizona gold prospecting, gold prospecting, gold panning

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only pulse unit i ever owned was the fisher impulse,good machine and tough as nail but my cz20 was actually deeper and far more versital/advanced allmetal and very good disc that gave up no depth,are the new pulse machines that much deeper than my cz20?Inquiring mind wants to know......S.T

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either you never owned a lobo or your to (removed by mod )
Supertraq we have rules on language and against insulting other members.

Please post by our rules.....

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i"m the one that had a new lobo ...that was a piece of junk and wont even turn on, i had to pay for return shipping........When it was sent back to me your tesoro stole all the papers & warranty cards out of the new box and sent me a used junk box to resale it in .when i called them they told me id have to pay for return shipping to them ..again.
( how stupid) Are you saying Tesoro sells boot leg machines??????? or just junk ones?
what i sold came straight from their dist.

Preach to me brother! These are the things people NEED to hear!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian likes creating drama where there is none. Funny, to me anyway, how a certain moderator will allow Brian to insult another member over and over and never take him to task or delete his angry and delusional fiction. I chalk it up to Brian just not being able to deal with the fact that Tesoro makes a great product and I have run a successful gold prospecting school for many years.

Terry we do not "let" anyone insult another member over and over! We react to what is reported and what we find.

I just look and can't find any report by you on this issue so you must not be reporting it.....Why?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry we do not "let" anyone insult another member over and over! We react to what is reported and what we find.

I just look and can't find any report by you on this issue so you must not be reporting it.....Why?

Didn't think I had to T_H. With that said, it looks like you deleted that last repost - so thank you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't think I had to T_H. With that said, it looks like you deleted that last repost - so thank you.

Terry you said a certain mod (meaning me) was allowing someone to insult members. We get far too many new posts a day to read all of them, I read maybe a couple hundred a day, but there are 4 or 5 times that a day posted, how are we to know there are problems if members don't report. It is like complaining about politicians but never voting...

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank's for doing a great and thankless job T_H. :occasion14:

Goldfynger

Greenie
Sep 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Brian for putting some sense into this thread.
18" on that piece of wire.......ain't going to happen.
Gee, I have done proper tests on some of the purest white sand beaches in the world (Esperance, Australia).
Tested Minelab SD2200, Goldquest SS, Deepstar........managed the nickel at about 14" - 15" maximum depth.
So Wyobuck measured his target as he dug, carefully scraping away an inch at a time, never letting it drop further down into the hole........and there it was, a half inch piece of straight wire "down past 18""......that's nearly half a metre folks !!!
Sorry, but I am sick to the back teeth of these posters, posting BS across all the forums about depths.
I have used a Minelab GPX5000 and it can manage the nickel at the 15" mark..........I should be getting it at 24" according to some. Shame on me....

Wow, I should have kept up on this thread after reading all I missed. Obviously this is 6 years old, but I just had to get in a response. I no longer have the DF, but during the 2 years I used it on FL beaches I found tons of coins, some rings and plenty of trash. Countless quarters were past 18 inches. I did not always search in the surf and can definitely say that the target did not fall deeper into a hole on all of them, surely closer to the water line that could happen. Regarding my small piece of wire, there was a possibility of it being a little more shallow because it did fall through the holes in my scoop. Now in order to get down that far I could not just dig a 8" wide hole, I probably had more of a trench lol and had a few witnesses at the time as well who were curious as to why I was digging this huge hole.
I had nothing to gain by exaggerating my depths, I don't sell metal detectors, but have bought plenty. Sorry to anyone who bought a DF expecting the same results and were disapointed, but I dug even the slightest change in threshold and always used headphones.
I have had several White's Detectors along with Tesoro Diablo II and LST, both great machines. Not so much luck with Minelab however, bought and returned 2 705's before one finally worked, it was good on the beaches but failed on a tailings pile in WYO. Glad I had my Diablo.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anyone have a comparison. Price difference is pretty big $799 for Whites and $543 for the Shark.

There are some comparison tests here.

I use an Infinium, SDC2300, Sand Shark, Sov XS and TDI OZ for beach work and the TDI with the 12 inch mono is the deeper of these machines. The sand Shark is good but suffers from EMI. I don't know how well the new Water proof TDI performs but I guess it is not to bad.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth: The 8" Sand Shark will find anything the Dual Field will. My buddy Joe P. and I have followed each other for 100's of hours with these two machines. Same same. :skullflag:l

Attachments

• beach1.JPG
    beach1.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 71

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
I know a mate of mine has followed me and the infinium with his dual Field and has found items that the finny missed. The Sand Shark has performed well but you need to listen carefully for the very quiet signals in order to find the deep stuff that the Whites might sound off slightly louder on.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
The finny will run nicely on a wet beach without GB, just like the ATX the chap in the video is running the finny with low ground tracking. :dontknow:

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
HI Ivanll.
I guess you or I do not need convincing on the ability of the Infinium over salt water beaches. I have had mine quite a while now and it has been faultless.
My recently acuired TDI OZ is proving to be way better than I expected as a beach hunter and I think Whites did the right thing by just recently placing this detector cct into a water proof case

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
TDI BH is the waterproof version of a TDI SL , I only know of 2 of them over here and one of them is used by me.

Modified a spare AA size battery box from a Super Pulse to take 4 x 18650 Li-ion cells and fitted a belt bracket on the back/bottom of the housing, like the one on the TDI Pro.

It's dead easy to use, got mine before there are to many of them around to generate competition on my frequented beaches.

How's the knees ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread