Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    es
    Jan 2010
    2

    What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Hi Guys,

    New to this and looking to buy my first metal detector specifically to find gold, what is the absolute best one?

    Thanks


  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    5,868
    989 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    You will get answers like this if a guy uses a whites it will be a whites if he uses a garrett it will be a garrett if he uses a minelab it will be a mine lab and on & on.. but from what i see and read to me it would be a Fisher for gold. And a fisher f75 for a all around detector.. gold coins jewlery.. but for a all around detector that new fisher gold bug 3 is what i hear is a good all around detector gold coins & jewlery. When it comes on the market i will have to get one of the .. new gold bug 3 i saw a write up and a video on findmall about the new gold bug 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldbug1.jpg 
Views:	2937 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	28977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldbug1.jpg 
Views:	2683 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	365607  
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

  4. #3
    us
    DFCA

    Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    5,902
    15 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    the best one on the planet, is the one that you feel the most comfortable with
    and performs the way you want it to. within reason.

  5. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    5,868
    989 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer
    the best one on the planet, is the one that you feel the most comfortable with
    and performs the way you want it to. within reason.
    Sniffer.. He gave you the best answer you can get..
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

  6. #5
    es
    Jan 2010
    2

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rando
    Who is the most beautiful child on the planet?

    YOURS....


    Seriously, though.. Just look around here for a while.

    If you're just looking to go out and buy the "best Detector in the World" so you can instantly get rich and famous, the hobby doesn't need you. I DO NOT mean this in an insulting manner, but it is becoming more and more common, and those that do this don't take the time to learn or love things and then bail, leaving the rest of us to deal with their legacy.


    So, sit back, look at the finds, learn and have a good time.




    WELCOME!!!
    Thank you for your answers, I will look into the Fisher one, I by no means wish to get rich or famous just pursue a new hobby but I can understand how my direct, blunt and ignorant question would be construed as otherwise.

    I just want to get the best detector to find what Im most interested in without having to buy and go through many different ones, rather pick the brains of the more experienced users and get it right the first purchase.

    Thanks and any further suggestions appreciated, I cant seem to find a poll or anything or any articles to help me choose one are there any such resources?

  7. #6

    Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    1,582
    108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    All depends if your after processed gold (rings/coins) or natural gold.

    If its nuggets, then the size of gold in your area is what counts. If you need to go deep and minerals are bad then the VLF based machines are not going to do you much good which is why Minelabs pulse machines still rule the roost over there.

    You also have to consider if your going to get the best value from a specifically designed gold machine. In some areas the MXT will be sufficient or even the Teknetics T2 which are fetching huge sums on E-Bay as they have been found to work so well in Africa. Then when not gold hunting you can successfully coin hunt if you want.

  8. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

    Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    11,536
    1677 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by U.K. Brian
    All depends if your after processed gold (rings/coins) or natural gold.

    If its nuggets, then the size of gold in your area is what counts. If you need to go deep and minerals are bad then the VLF based machines are not going to do you much good which is why Minelabs pulse machines still rule the roost over there.

    You also have to consider if your going to get the best value from a specifically designed gold machine. In some areas the MXT will be sufficient or even the Teknetics T2 which are fetching huge sums on E-Bay as they have been found to work so well in Africa. Then when not gold hunting you can successfully coin hunt if you want.
    This is what I first thought too. Gold comes in natural form and manufactured, like jewelry. Both do best with different types of detectors and coils. Spending the top dollar for the most expensive detector might not give you the fun you are looking for. Some people still can't set the correct time on the DVD player and should stay away from the programmable ones.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

  9. #8

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?



    Will you be hunting land or beach if you can do both, then I suggest a detector that works well on land, and on the beach
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  10. #9
    ru
    Dec 2009
    Perm
    Garret AT Pro
    520
    21 times

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?


    Model NO.: GS-PN Golden Scoprio
    Trademark: CST
    Origin: China
    Product Description

    Detailed Product Description
    The Ground Search series Model GS-PN Advanced Metal Detector is a top quality metal detector and the most sensitive of all the Gold Centurydetectors. The advanced features of this unit will allow you to findtreasure that others have missed!

    This model is intended for the experienced treasure hunter who demand high performance and extreme sensitivity.

    The meter will indicate the type of metal found.

    Many of the advanced features of this unit will not be found in any other detectors at any price.

    The Carbon Fiber lower shaft and unbreakable Nylon connecting hardware significantly increase the sensitivity of this unit by keeping all unnecessary metal parts as far from the detection coil as possible.

    The waterproof coil will allow you search in shallow water at the beach where most Gold rings are found.

    It can be used in several modes:

    * All metal mode -Just that, any metal object will be detected. Also functions as pinpointing mode by emitting a steady tone that gets louder the closer youare to the target center. Motion is no required in this mode. Thesensitivity is fully adjustable. Ground balance can be pre set ormanually adjusted.
    * Discrimination Mode- While thedetector is in motion it will emitted different tones based on themetal type detected. The signal strength will also be displayed. Thesensitivity and Discrimination levels are fully adjustable. The groundBalance is fully automatic in this mode.

    We consider thisno frills model to be the most sensitive of all metal detectors. Itexceptional performance but priced at mid range prices. Don't be fooledby the low price. We guarantee that this detector will out perform anyother detectors in it class
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Under-Ground-Search-Metal-Detector-GX-.jpg 
Views:	2841 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	370391  

  11. #10
    ru
    Dec 2009
    Perm
    Garret AT Pro
    520
    21 times

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky


    The first rule of detecting: Have a detector.



    China....

  12. #11
    us
    Nov 2008
    Seminole County, Ok.
    GTI 2500
    547
    2 times
    Metal Detecting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    You'll get a more definate answer if you ask: "What is the best car in the world?"

  13. #12
    us
    Nov 2009
    Zebulon NC
    Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
    255
    2 times

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    One you got for free!
    Check out and subscribe to my detecting videos on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/InspireImages#p/a

  14. #13

    Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    1,582
    108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    The machine Kamgort has in his picture is exactly the same as the one sold in Britain a few years back. A sort of plastic copy of the Whites 6000 Pro SL but without the performance. It sold around 99 which would have been $200 then. The price later dropped to 69.

    For 69 it wasn't to bad (10 inches on a large coin) BUT, the recovery speed was pretty bad and the one person I know who bought one wore out the mode switch within a year. My old Spectrum around 15 years old is just getting float in its switch. If you only had 69 not to bad a buy because you don't get much secondhand for that type of money and hopefully you would have a dealers warranty.


  15. #14
    fi
    Mar 2009
    Finland
    Xp Deus,Tesoro vaquero and Garrett Pro-pointer
    163
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    The detector Kamgort has in his picture. My first machine was that horrible machine with different name,it was so bad that i dont recommend it to even to my worst enemy.

  16. #15

    Oct 2003
    St. Louis
    Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
    178
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    sounds to me like Kamgort is a dealer, junk dealer.

  17. #16

    Oct 2003
    St. Louis
    Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
    178
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Kamgort, click on his website. Surprise, can't read it.

  18. #17

    Apr 2006
    Los Angeles
    Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
    463
    41 times

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    The best detector for me was an old Goldak 720 in the early 70's. It was the best because it got
    me started detecting. There have been many other bests since then, Gardiner, Compass, Fisher,
    and so on. Today the best gold detector is the Garrett Infinium (if you are hunting gold underwater
    or in a river) And it is the best because it is waterproof. However it is heavy, so on dry ground
    there are many other bests if you want a lightweight detector you can swing for 8 hours. Then
    there is price, how much gold do you have to find to pay off a Minelab 4500 versus a Fisher goldbug
    or one of the others. How much time do you have to detect and where are you detecting? In
    very mineralized soil you want a PI like the Infinium, the White's TDI, or the Minelabs. Try joining
    a mining or metal detecting club if there is one nearby and see what they are using. In other words
    there are lots of good choices, but it is pretty much up to you, and you may go through a few
    different machines before you are satisfied. Also, where are you going to be nugget shootins?
    It would help to know. Good luck,
    Rich

  19. #18
    ru
    Dec 2009
    Perm
    Garret AT Pro
    520
    21 times

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhettel
    sounds to me like Kamgort is a dealer, junk dealer.
    DO NOT have to try on the bad devices on .Ya gave an example of what China does.

  20. #19
    Charter Member
    bo
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / XTerra70 / Fisher Gemini /
    3,808
    273 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?


    If you are looking for nothing but gold (and money is not THAT much of an object), in my opinion, you really have two main choices:

    Minelab GPX4500 Gold machine

    http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/...ctors/gpx-4500

    Eric Foster Goldscan Series

    http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/EFoster.html

    Eric Foster was the guy that Whites licensed his Pulse Induction Technology on all their new PI Detectors. Eric Foster is pretty much the modern father of Pulse Induction Technology in Metal Detecting.

    Best-Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

  21. #20
    us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

    Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    4,156
    179 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is the best metal detector on the market?

    Quote Originally Posted by kamgort

    Model NO.: GS-PN Golden Scoprio
    Trademark: CST
    Origin: China
    Product Description

    Detailed Product Description
    The Ground Search series Model GS-PN Advanced Metal Detector is a top quality metal detector and the most sensitive of all the Gold Centurydetectors. The advanced features of this unit will allow you to findtreasure that others have missed!

    This model is intended for the experienced treasure hunter who demand high performance and extreme sensitivity.

    The meter will indicate the type of metal found.

    Many of the advanced features of this unit will not be found in any other detectors at any price.

    The Carbon Fiber lower shaft and unbreakable Nylon connecting hardware significantly increase the sensitivity of this unit by keeping all unnecessary metal parts as far from the detection coil as possible.

    The waterproof coil will allow you search in shallow water at the beach where most Gold rings are found.

    It can be used in several modes:

    * All metal mode -Just that, any metal object will be detected. Also functions as pinpointing mode by emitting a steady tone that gets louder the closer youare to the target center. Motion is no required in this mode. Thesensitivity is fully adjustable. Ground balance can be pre set ormanually adjusted.
    * Discrimination Mode- While thedetector is in motion it will emitted different tones based on themetal type detected. The signal strength will also be displayed. Thesensitivity and Discrimination levels are fully adjustable. The groundBalance is fully automatic in this mode.

    We consider thisno frills model to be the most sensitive of all metal detectors. Itexceptional performance but priced at mid range prices. Don't be fooledby the low price. We guarantee that this detector will out perform anyother detectors in it class
    Let me guess. You got sucked into buying one of these things and you're trying to unload it.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

absolute best metal detector
,

best gold detector on the market

,
best metal detector on market
,

best metal detector on the market

,
best metal detectors on the market
,
best mid range metal detector
,

the best metal detector on the market

,
the best metal detectors on the market
,
what is the best gold detector on the market
,

what is the best metal detector on the market

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3