Propointer vs Pistol Probe - I know its been asked..how about an update ??

GoldenBear

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Greensboro N.C.
Detector(s) used
Instinct
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all honesty,

It seems to me that your going way too fast over your intended target area.
Just relax and make a calm pass in a fluid steady motion. You will get a much better and more accurate read with a slower sweeping of the dirt.

I hear that indicator just fine, I don't know, sounds okay to me IMO.

Have you replaced the batteries lately?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Still asking the basic question, is this volume "embarrasingly loud?", even at target touch? My Garretts blares on the first chirp even if the target is at it's limit. I just don't get it. If those were 2-3 inches, with any ambient noise...I'd barely hear it. martin

GoldenBear

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Greensboro N.C.
Detector(s) used
Instinct
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still asking the basic question, is this volume "embarrasingly loud?"

I am not sure where you reside, but I can tell you this...

It's obvious your in the city or in a loud park or something.

Not trying to be funny or come of as a wise guy, but maybe a trip to the hearing doctor is in order, your profile says your 60, so I am not aware of nor do I know the condition of your hearing.

But if you lived in the country or in any hilly area, then you would understand how easy sound travels here.

My nearest neighbor is over a 1000ft away, but because of the hills, It sounds like they are outside my door when they talk. So yes, everyone around me hears my devices from very far away, not to mention up close.

Like I stated earlier... It's"embarrassingly loud"

Tell ya what, I'll take it off your hands for 50 bucks if you don't like it, lol! :laughing7:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The wind blows everywhere, and when the wind pushes the tone out away from the ears, it doesn't matter where you live. Again I will ask. "Is this volume in my video, the same volume which you labeled from your experience with your Pistol probe, embarrassingly loud?" My Garretts Pro pointer has never left me wondering if it sounded off. Isn't that what this whole thread is about...Pistol Probe Versus Propointer? I can actually use my Garretts even with headphones on. The pistol fails with one earcup off and is a test without either earcup if down in the hole.

But I digress. Is my audio in the vid embarrassingly loud in your opinion? Yes or no. martin

I am not sure where you reside, but I can tell you this...

It's obvious your in the city or in a loud park or something.

Not trying to be funny or come of as a wise guy, but maybe a trip to the hearing doctor is in order, your profile says your 60, so I am not aware of nor do I know the condition of your hearing.

But if you lived in the country or in any hilly area, then you would understand how easy sound travels here.

My nearest neighbor is over a 1000ft away, but because of the hills, It sounds like they are outside my door when they talk. So yes, everyone around me hears my devices from very far away, not to mention up close.

Like I stated earlier... It's"embarrassingly loud"

Tell ya what, I'll take it off your hands for 50 bucks if you don't like it, lol! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread