Whites Spectra V3 vs. Fisher Gold Bug Pro - - Looking for Gold question

TC-NM

Jun 8, 2008
Sunny AZ
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro & Spectra V3i / White's E Series 9000 & Sunray Pro Golds HP's / Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT/ White's digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, you're the experts out there, and I gotta question? The V3 has 3 freq. and one being 22.5 kHz. The New Fisher Gold Bug Pro has 19 kHz. Will the V3 hunt for gold at the highest freq.? What is so special about the Gold Bug Pro if the V3 can do the same for hunting/prospecting for gold. ???

I presently have a V3 and quite honestly I haven't tried the prospect mode on it yet? I would like to try in the near future. Or, do I have to buy a gold detector, i.e., Fisher Gold Bug Pro? Has anyone out there used your V3 for hunting/prospecting for gold? :icon_scratch:

I'd like to get your feedback.

Thanks,

TC-NM

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A golfer has many clubs in his bag for different shots. Each one could make do, but wouldn't do the best job. The same could be said for the V3. It has many features and even a prospecting mode. However it was designed to be a "jack of all trades," to be able to handle a variety of detecting jobs. However to really do well with gold nugget hunting you need a detector that is designed exactly to hunt nuggets. There is more to having a gold detector than the frequency. This nugget detector also could make a poor choice for coin hunting.

OP
OP
TC-NM

TC-NM

Jun 8, 2008
Sunny AZ
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro & Spectra V3i / White's E Series 9000 & Sunray Pro Golds HP's / Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT/ White's digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandman,

But what do you mean that I "need a gold detector that is designed to hunt nuggets"? <and> "There is more to having a gold detector than frequency". Can you be more specific? How about features, readout, coil selection (concentric/double d, round vs. elliptical, etc.).

Thanks again

TC-NM

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would fill up a book to tell you what a nugget detector will need. I don't know of a nugget detector out there that has a screen. Gold rings are different in being alloyed with various metals to make them harder for wear. They mainly will show up in the foil or pull tab range on a screen.

Coils for gold detectors are many and for different purposes too. You should do a lot more research on gold prospecting on the Tnet forum about gold detectors and coils as this subject would take to long to answer here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread