M6/MXT vs. AT PRO

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mxt is a good detector for it's money un till you hunt with the 5900 gang that sold me they ate the mxt when it came to power and i bet the 5900 will eat that v3i when it comes to power....sure 5900 mite take a few minutes to ground balance and it mite love bottle cap, but if you don't get them out of the way you'll never find any thing deep in that area....plus no detector is right every time. I don't care what any buddy said.any detector can tell what it is if it's only a few inches deep...any time any one of you are up this way all be glad to hunt with yaa. all even put you up for the night or nights and feed you a good hot meal or meals. I live in a pretty prestige area were you can take home lots of cash if your in the right spot.from old mine rock piles to glacial till to old ball field and parks, ghost town swimming holes it all here.. I pulled over a hundred pounds of crusher copper off the gravel roads last spring I use the surf-master for that job..gods area code is 906...

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I have a few White's but find them lacking in refinements and light weight for my use.
I'm curious what exactly you mean by this, could you elaborate?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellowhouse said:
I'd like to hear some head to head comparisons of the MXT and Pro on coins in the field...not air and with SIMILAR coils
Me too

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the MXT PRO and have done very well with it. The only thing I like about the AT PRO is that it is waterproof. I have found some very deep stuff with my MXT and I have heard the MXT is deeper than the AT. I do believe they both are great machines and is more of a preference but for me the MXT is by far a better machine.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had both and used both. I prefer the MXT over the AT Pro so much that I traded my AT Pro and kept the MXT. In the right hands the AT Pro can be a good machine but it just wasn't for me.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of these machines are well-made and worth their selling price......It's mainly a personal preference thing; as it is with most high-end machines....

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the atpro , it loves clad you can swing it fast and get tons of it,but in trashy areas its hard to here them deep faint signals.I never used the mxt,but I think it would be better in the woods,in leafy areas. I think the problem with the at pro is people think its a hyped up ace and cause of the price people don't have faith in it . I can't see getting rid of it to get a mxt.Its a good unit to have in your arsenal.how about a story. I was going detecting in a field.as I was getting to it I walked pass to guys getting ready to hunt as I walked by them I heard snickering so I went about my business .later I so them detecting far from me .well it started raining and I didn't pay it no mind.so I turned to look for them guys and they where gone so I said to my self boy they cut it short.not realizing there units weren't water proof.so gain its a great unit for your arsenal.the mxt probably shines a bit, but your not just going to have one unite and everyone should have a at pro.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I own an MXT Pro as well as an M6 and actually like the M6 more. Both are built solid and will probably outlast the AT Pro in the field. Don't get me wrong, the AT Pro is a great machine, but Whites are just built better. The M6 works great in wet salty sand as well as dry dirt. I have dug US Quarters at 10+ inches and there is no machine easier to operate than the M6. Two knobs and a toggle - that's it. Check online M6 reviews ........ you won't find a bad one.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread