Whites Dual Field vs Detector pro PI

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there are some videos on YouTube about this detector , do a search for this model and watch what they have . Some of them are not badly done. Also Whites has a YouTube page that has this also, and you can watch the videos they have on this detector and a few others that they have.

Hope this helps you find what you need.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to reply to this comparison request because I have owned and used both machines.

AUDuke, in my personal opinion, I prefer the Detectorpro over the Dual Field.

The Dual Field's claim to fame is its light weight and its sensitivity to small gold.

I ran some beach tests and I found no difference between the Detectorpro and the Dual Field in terms of hitting on various pieces of gold at the same depth. They are equally sensitive.

I can also state that the Detectorpro at least feels lighter than the Dual Field. With the electronics all in the headphones, you'd think it would weigh down on your head and neck. It does not. I swung it for hours without a complaint.

Biggest advantage to the Dual Field: you can take it diving. The Detectorpro is absolutely not made to take diving or snokeling. It can be dropped in the water or can you have a wave smack you on the head, but don't leave the headphones underwater because they will eventually leak.

Biggest advantage to the Detectorpro: the 8" coil. It is deep seeking and very easy to pinpoint with. It is also weighted so it will stay at the bootom when surf hunting. The Dual Field coil is 12" in diameter and after awhile feels like you are swinging a garbage can lid. Pinpointing is terrible, but I hear it improves with lots and lots and lots and lots of practice. It also floats like a life preserver. If you do not weight the coil you will struggle to keep it at bottom. This to me, this is a derious design defect. Some say they have no problem with it. I definitely do.

Since diving is not part of my beach hunting plans, I can find no benefit in the Dual Field over the Detectorpro. If you do plan on diving, the Dual Field and a couple of others are worth examining.

OP
OP
AUDuke

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
;DThanx; I do not plan to use it for diving, just wet sand and wading.I was wondering if the weight of the phones might be a little much on my old head, you answered my ??.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread