MXT/GMT/Lobo ST ??

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Liberator

Jul 25, 2011
David Johnson designed all of the detectors you mentioned almost a decade ago along with the legendary Gold Bug 2. David Johnson designed the Teknetics G2 and new Fisher Gold Bugs within the past year and a half. The latest technology blows the old technology away for less money under most circumstances.

Liberator

Liberating coins and relics since 1981

OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
G/Day Liberator.
Thanks for the comments.
I want to know just how much better and in what way they are better, are detectors like the MXT ,GMT and gold bugs over the LST?
The LST works quite well in Aussie ground and has good sensitivity to small and large gold.
I believe it has surface mount technology and I think it is analogue circuitry.
Just because something is not digitally controlled does not make it inefficient.
I can locate black sand deposits and locate magnetic ground with the Lobo just like the MXT and GMT but there is no readout display. What I am mainly interested in is how much better do the detectors I mentioned controll and balance/track high mineral ground without tuning out gold. In the gold fields that is what makes or breaks a detector.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Liberator said:
David Johnson designed all of the detectors you mentioned almost a decade ago along with the legendary Gold Bug 2. David Johnson designed the Teknetics G2 and new Fisher Gold Bugs within the past year and a half. The latest technology blows the old technology away for less money under most circumstances.

Liberator

Liberating coins and relics since 1981

Great post here! The G2 has dual processor and with that it makes it a VERY quiet running machine. Not the usually pops and cracks as most high freq machines. It recovers very well and will hit coins and gold amazingly well in heavy iron or trash. Better than any machine I have ever used in that type environment. Its very light weight and a breeze to swing. Very simple to operate.
Hope that helped you some.

OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
stoopstroop,

Thanks for that bit of info.
Cheers,
Adrian SS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread