dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Vince Gifford has them on the payroll to keep word of mouth alive and well. 8-) Tesoro may be smarter than a few give them credit for! :skullflag:

I don't believe anyone doubts who's on the payroll. 1454860010551.jpg

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro and Garrett must be doing something right in regard to build quality. I was climbing down a rail road embankment a couple of years ago, and a pheasant shot up beside me in the tall grass. All said and done at the bottom I had a shaft bent badly enough for replacement on the ATPro, but the electronics fired right up. Flash forward to a few weeks ago. Dead tired stepped over a low chain fence, toe caught, basically face planted. I dreaded checking the Tejon out as I went down hard. everything was attached, looked straight, machine fired up. I was quite grateful about that. The only thing that irritates me now and then is that the shaft on the Tejon has some play and a little wobble.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro and Garrett must be doing something right in regard to build quality. I was climbing down a rail road embankment a couple of years ago, and a pheasant shot up beside me in the tall grass. All said and done at the bottom I had a shaft bent badly enough for replacement on the ATPro, but the electronics fired right up. Flash forward to a few weeks ago. Dead tired stepped over a low chain fence, toe caught, basically face planted. I dreaded checking the Tejon out as I went down hard. everything was attached, looked straight, machine fired up. I was quite grateful about that. The only thing that irritates me now and then is that the shaft on the Tejon has some play and a little wobble.

I'll go along with the tesores being built tough. I've owned 5 different garrett products that have all failed, that's a 100 percent failure rate. I've read post after post how good garretts service is from people sending in pinpointers some numerous times. How about build one that doesn't break.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go along with the tesores being built tough. I've owned 5 different garrett products that have all failed, that's a 100 percent failure rate. I've read post after post how good garretts service is from people sending in pinpointers some numerous times. How about build one that doesn't break.

Sometimes its just user error.....

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro's are built as tough as they come, can't wait to add another to the leader of the pack.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive used a Vaquero nothing ive seen from the performance of the machine would lead me to believe it can hit coins at 12 inches ...not even set to iron discrim

Dustytrails.. the little compadre - 5.75"consistently finds dimes at 10" in red clay (I'd like to see what the newer 8" might do) and has detected a silver 50 cent piece at 12". Damp soil seems conducive for greater depths....monotone, one knob linear disc and I never have to LOOK AT IT !
Getting 25 hours on ONE 9V alkaline (buy 'em by the brick).
Just one happy owners observation.

"GIVE ME ANALOG , OR GIVE ME DEATH"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions