dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coilfisher, Tesoro makes excellent metal detectors and they don't compromise the build quality to sell them a few dollars cheaper like some companies. They are built to last with high quality
components that are backed up with the best warranty in the industry.....a lifetime warranty even if you aren't the original owner. Tesoro is a family owned business and it shows in the way they treat their customers.
The great thing about Tesoro detectors is the light weight of their detectors...a little over 2 pounds for several of the current models. You can swing their detectors all day long and not wear your arm out. Try that with one of the competitors big honkin' lunchbox detectors and see how long it takes before your arm feels like it is going to fall off. You will appreciate the light weight Tesoro real quick.
Performance wise Tesoro detectors are hot on nickels and gold since they run at higher frequencies, and they do a great job on coins and relics also without all the meters and menus to have to mess with. I just got a new Vaquero recently, my 6th Tesoro since I started detecting over 30 years ago, and it is an awesome detector....smooth as silk in trash and deep on coins and very
sensitive on deep tiny objects. I have tried other brands over the years and was disappointed in their performance and build quality. Once you experience a Tesoro and how well they work, you will be leaving your other detectors at home. Try a Tesoro and see what you have been missing out on.......HH.

Roger
The warranty is not transferable anymore.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet my Vaquero can find anything and everything the Minelab E-Trac can. Simply Amazing!
After reading post like this I bought a vaquero. Only thing I am going to say is I wish instead of a lifetime warranty, it was a satisfaction or your money back guarantee.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After reading post like this I bought a vaquero. Only thing I am going to say is I wish instead of a lifetime warranty, it was a satisfaction or your money back guarantee.

You obviously never learned how to use it. One of the best machines on the market today.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't y'all just love detecting? The folks I hunt with have different machines from one another. We each love our machine. We are all tuned in to our machines. None of us has had any troubles with build quality. Yes we hunt everything from parks to to the middle of the bush and even in the water. Find what brand/type of machine you are comfy with and enjoy it. Peace all. Cheers for now.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You obviously never learned how to use it. One of the best machines on the market today.

That's one of the ML sects favorite phrases when defending the E-Trac/3030! Usually don't see it attributed with the uber complicated Vaq! :laughing7:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the ML sects favorite phrases when defending the E-Trac/3030! Usually don't see it attributed with the uber complicated Vaq! :laughing7:
Lol so true

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto! Build quality?

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty sure I read one of your post that they just started sticking to the policy.

And your point would be? The warranty was never transferable. It is a lifetime warranty for the ORIGINAL owner.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love it that this thread is almost three-years old! Tesoro haters just can't stand the FACT that Tesoro machines can stand up to ANY of the other big four, and have a legion of loyal and satisfied users that continue to find fantastic treasures with them year by year.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hello dirtscratcher, could you please elaborate on that wish? I am getting a new vaquero in the mail for my birthday. I've never used a Tesoro and I didn't choose it, so far what I've read has me excited about it. I'd like to hear both sides of the Vaquero story before I open the box and try it out making it mine forever.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive used a Vaquero nothing ive seen from the performance of the machine would lead me to believe it can hit coins at 12 inches ...not even set to iron discrim

Dusty, a lot depends on your soil, wet or dry too. Also seems no matter how stringent the quality control, some coils are made hotter than others. If someone got the hotter coil they complained that the detector was no good as it was unstable. My Tejon can find dimes at over a foot easy, but it is no Vaquero. I don't like digging that deep anyway as it removes the fun for me.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They NEVER did. That was my point.
You know what I'm saying is the truth they fixed them no questions asked for years, and know I guess not. Funny you don't say anything when people say is a lifetime warranty even if your not the original buyer as the guy I quoted did. I would love to hear you say the did not fix them with out question in the past.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello dirtscratcher, could you please elaborate on that wish? I am getting a new vaquero in the mail for my birthday. I've never used a Tesoro and I didn't choose it, so far what I've read has me excited about it. I'd like to hear both sides of the Vaquero story before I open the box and try it out making it mine forever.
I guess I should have researched more, if I would have known it had one tone only I would not have bought it on that alone. I don't know about the detector that you are using but that was a big surprise to me. I kept reading how good it was and tried to like it, as a matter of fact I gave it a year and a half. Since this thread is about build quality, this is the only detector I have bought that squeaks when you swing it. I've tried two others and they did too. If you try it and like it that is cool, personally I don't. Let us know how it works out for you. Good Luck.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^Ditto^^ except only took 2 months not year and a half. I listened to advice on here and watched a few videos, but guess I missed the single tone part.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^Ditto^^ except only took 2 months not year and a half. I listened to advice on here and watched a few videos, but guess I missed the single tone part.
I've brought up the single tone thing and had people on TN think I was making it up.

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would pay everyone that is not a Tesoro "fan" (and any who are "Tesoroites") to read the recent ebook "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors" by Christian Thorsten. I am currently doing so and I give Mr. Thorsten very high marks for his impartiality in the "analog" versus "digital" discussion in the book. His explanations are clear and precise and have explained to me, at least, why after owning a particular and very popular "digital" Tone and Visual ID" machine, I couldn't wait to trade it for a Tesoro Tejon. Use what you know but don't for one minute think that digital machines rule over analog ones. Just ain't so!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions