Tesoro Vs All the Rest (Build Quality)

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A couple of months ago was hunting civil war next to a ball field , It got hot and I was wanting to change to a larger coil so i walked to a covered pick-nick table with a poured concrete floor. I was changing coils when I knocked my Vaquero off the table. it bounced on the concrete 3 times and tumbled. I picked it up and looked at it. Not a scratch or scruff anywhere !

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you got vs. what I got find comparisons work both ways. A buddy of mine swings an AT Gold and I kill him with my Deleon. I'll dig 45 coins vs. his 4. He brings out his Safari and it's the same story. I don't put too much stock in these kind of comparisons because my success was because of my faster recovery methods versus his. I have coin recovery down to a fine art, whereas he takes longer to dig and search (he really needs to get a probe). Comparisons can be slanted anyway you want. Is the Deleon better than the Safari or AT Gold? For me yes. For anyone else, maybe not so much.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It IS a fact when it is based on ones OWN experience isn't Kettle!

Pot

Well on my Vaquero, 2 screws hold the faceplate on. Then the circuit board just sits on a piece of foam, it's not attached to the machine just sandwiched between the faceplate and foam! These are facts. Opinions are not facts unless they were proven through the scientific method, etc...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AtomicScott has been hating Tesoro and their fans on this thread since Sep 26, 2011. Now THAT is dedication! :notworthy:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AtomicScott has been hating Tesoro and their fans on this thread since Sep 26, 2011. Now THAT is dedication! :notworthy:

Merely stating the truth on this one Terry, unless they changed them since I had mine.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Absolutely true. He bought a Vaquero and it didn't do it for him. That's no surprise though because the Compadre was too complicated for him. He has been whining for years now and just can't get over it. I would give him a Kleenex to wipe the tears, but as far as I am concerned he can use his shirt sleeve.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely true. He bought a Vaquero and it didn't do it for him. That's no surprise though because the Compadre was too complicated for him. He has been whining for years now and just can't get over it. I would give him a Kleenex to wipe the tears, but as far as I am concerned he can use his shirt sleeve.

Ya that cheezy old garrett is your only experience other than Tesoro! So how can you even talk? I remember the X-terra was too complex for you due to the icons being "confusing!"

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever whiner. I had about 10 minutes with the Xterra. Simple fact is I would never buy an Exterra, no matter how good it is, because I associate them with you. I am tired of your Tesoro bashing and whining. Grow up and move on.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stop the insults and Scott no politics....

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of how the circuit board is oriented, I have knocked the 2 Tesoro's around pretty good and dropped one more than once. They seemed to handle abuse without a problem.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
What's wrong with two screws holding the faceplate on and a circuit board on a piece of foam? I'm not an electrical engineer here, and I'm not asking because I know the answer. I'm merely curious. It's low-tech, sure, but if it does the job and it's simple...well, what's wrong with that? Honest question. This isn't my area of expertise.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's wrong with two screws holding the faceplate on and a circuit board on a piece of foam? I'm not an electrical engineer here, and I'm not asking because I know the answer. I'm merely curious. It's low-tech, sure, but if it does the job and it's simple...well, what's wrong with that? Honest question. This isn't my area of expertise.

I never said there was anything wrong with it.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the "facts" are that if Tesoro wasnt confident in their quality; they wouldnt back every machine with a lifetime warranty. And at a price that no one can argue is not very fair at this day and time......Just imagine what kind of a machine Tesoro could make and sale for a $1500.00 retail price! Can you say bye bye Etrac?

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the "facts" are that if Tesoro wasnt confident in their quality; they wouldnt back every machine with a lifetime warranty. And at a price that no one can argue is not very fair at this day and time......Just imagine what kind of a machine Tesoro could make and sale for a $1500.00 retail price! Can you say bye bye Etrac?

I guess we will have to "just imagine". Do you think they would sell as many units if they ditched the lifetime warranty? Just asking.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess we will have to "just imagine". Do you think they would sell as many units if they ditched the lifetime warranty? Just asking.
Realistically the question would be- If they never had the lifetime warranty to start with, would they still be here today? The answer is yes.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The better question is why the other company's can't offer a comparable warranty? Especially when you consider the price some company's are getting for their machines....maybe it's just a lack of confidence. ;-)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The better question is why the other company's can't offer a comparable warranty? Especially when you consider the price some company's are getting for their machines....maybe it's just a lack of confidence. ;-)

Because the parts the other companies use are proprietary, not standard electronics that can be bought at any electronics supply store 10 years from now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry please do not insult members........

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because the parts the other companies use are proprietary, not standard electronics that can be bought at any electronics supply store 10 years from now.

sounds like a good excuse to me! and where do they keep the screens for the Deleon's at Radioshack?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread