Garrett at pro, garrett at gold or whites m6?!?

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ive been looking at buying the garrett at pro for a while then i thought of a whites m6...Now im stuck?!? I no that the garrett is water proof and comes with a dd coil but the whites m6 seems like a good detector? It has lots of option coils and a option for a built in pinpointer!(awsome!)
But 700$ quite abite! If i were to get the whites m6 what would be the 2nd best coil to work with the sun ray dx-1 probe option?
or the garrett at gold because we might move to chattanooga tn soon? and theres gold there! but i want to relic hunt,coins, jewlery

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered this for you in the Garrett section.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd suggest you read the machine specific comments about the M6 on this forum.

I don't believe there is a better coinshooter anywhere than the M6 with the 4x6 coil.

I prefer the garrett propointer over the inline probe.

Just my 2 cents.

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had 5 machines and the Garrett AT Gold will beat them all? Until someone can show me in person they have a machine that will beat the AT Gold on anything, I'm sold on the AT

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I will preface this by saying that of the three you listed, I have only used the AT-Pro, but have seen the M6 in action (with Sunray probe) extensively, and have no experience with the AT-Gold.

I loved my AT-Pro, it had great depth, target separation, recovery speed was good, and the pin-point was dead on. It was very easy to use in fresh water, ran very stable. I found a lot of good coins and jewelry amongst lots of trash with it. Never having to worry about it getting wet was a huge bonus, no chatter in dense fog or rain.
However, my friend and hunting partner who used the M6 setup, routinely out hunted me with the AT-Pro. He was able to pull out silver from areas I had covered with the AT, and had a better feel for what he was digging than I did. This may have to do with him being more familiar with his machine than I was with the AT, though I was pretty good with it. Don't get me wrong, I still found a few decent targets he missed, but more often than not, the M6 pulled more good targets than I did with the AT-Pro.
I did really enjoy my AT-Pro, and I may yet buy another in the future when I want a great all-weather back-up for my premier machine. I think you would be very happy with any of those three choices. Best of luck!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Gold true all metal mode is outstanding and DEEP! Love that machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread