What do you think is the best coin detector out there

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Best machine I know of to fit that bill would be a CZ-6A or a CZ-5, next might be the
1266x. Now, those are the ones I *know of*, but they are older machines that you
would have to find used.

Never did find a machine that would sound-off on deep targets like my CZ-6a or a CZ-5,
and both have superb discrimination capabilities and are not difficult to operate. The key
(with any machine) is to get to know the sounds your particular machine makes, and what
it's telling you about your target.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:laughing9:Without a doubt it's the ......Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.....(lol )

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
problem with fisher is they sound like a bounty hunter

BigDawg30701

Mar 2, 2013
Northwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics T2 Classic (Greenie)
Garrett AT Max
White's TRX PinPointer
Deteknix X-Pointer

Past: Garrett Ace 350,
Compass Yukon 76B (Body Mo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hands down, the Jetco Mustang. 9v batt and one knob for volume control.

My first detector! Found two silver dimes in the same hole with it once! Awesome!!!

BigDawg30701 Teknetics Delta 4000

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a MD that falls in line with what you're looking for is the Ace 250 by Garrett. I'm not hyping Garrett, but the people that own them are finding a lot of stuff across the board, and they're lite weight

Of course I agree with this because it is the only one I have used. I did a TON of research and watched videos, read reviews of actual owners. I checked on resale value as I will probably upgrade at some point. But for me I believe this was the best choice.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dificult question, maybe this one ???

Dowsing%20Rods,%201767.bmp

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me, its the AT Pro. I haven't tried a lot of different brands, but I am now looking closer at Tesoros', as I think I might get greater depth.
I sure would like to see one of Tesoros products work and compare it to the AT Pro (for depth).

Roy

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, its the AT Pro. I haven't tried a lot of different brands, but I am now looking closer at Tesoros', as I think I might get greater depth. I sure would like to see one of Tesoros products work and compare it to the AT Pro (for depth).
Had a AT now have Vaquero and Tejon. IMHO both are deeper than the AT Pro. Tejon depth is unreal. And really like dual discrimination.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how I did that Digger2 but I inserted my comment into your quote. Got it Dizzy D Tks!

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure how I did that Digger2 but I inserted my comment into your quote.

At the end of his last sentence "...the AT Pro (for depth).."

You need to add this: [/quote]

Then it will look as it should.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we should start a club and just rotate detectors every 3-4 months. Then you get to really see which ones you like best. It really doesn't matter which one you buy, the grass is always greener on the other side. If you buy Tesoro you will wonder what would VDI screen show. If you but Garrett you wonder what would a multi frequency Minelab might be finding. I believe it's mostly where you get to hunt!

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to know the best deep silver killer depth from 7-12" if there is one. Not just a deep target machine but hiiting and IDing deep in old parks among some trash.

the fisher f75 is a killer fast tone recovery and second to none with tone id with recovery tine

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just buy em all lol

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just buy a Deus XP and get it over with!:laughing7:

Mongoose

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Whites Prizm 6T,
Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really have an answer for you. Maybe the last one you had fun using and had at least few good targets. That, and I had to get my first post in somewhere.
OK, Back to kilin' snakes

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
If I were to get a coin machine it would either be a Tesoro Deleon or the Cortes. The only thing that attracts me to the AT Pro is the shallow waterproofing.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No doubt in my mind, whichever one BVI Hunter is using...........great coinsdde0e

Don makes a great point

Last edited:

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
AT Pro is simple to use and very versatile. Possibly not the deepest seeking mid price range detector but still very good for coins, relics and even gold if the ground is not too hot.
It provides the user with enough target information to be able to cut back on trash digging. It is Water proof to 10 feet.(Big Plus). The Pro will Ground Ballance all the way from Salt water sand to reasonably high iron mineralisation; A lot of othertherwise good detectors will not cover that wide range of ground minerals which limits where you can detect and get good depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread