BountyHunter vs Ace 350

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
lost hunter said:
I had the 505 liked it Has 5 yr warranty cheaper to upgrade with different coils lighter than the 350 Since your going to Kellyco check out their scratch & dent

Woodland detectors has very reasonably priced used detectors, and it updates often.....kellyco's used are only about 20-40 bucks cheaper than new.....a silver umax is only $15 cheaper for a used over a new. Im not trying to bash kellyco as they have a great website, and great to buy new from....but they need to step down their prices on their used inventory as it blows my mind to see what they are charging

Robert2300

Greenie
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used a BH. Many people who own them have posted favorable comments on the Forums, so they
must have SOMETHING going for them. But I will say this, they do seem a weeee bit over priced for what you get, on many of them.
I have seen the Pioneer detectors at Walmart, also made by BH and must say they seem to be aimed at the kid's market.
I think BH would do well to reconsider how they package the detectors. If first impressions make a difference they should find
a new look. The BH looks junky even if they are not. I notice even Garrett is getting away from that sickly green
color they have used over the years.
Just an observation. (:-)
Robert2300

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been hunting with the ace350 for my first year and ive come to the conclusion its the best bottle cap detector that money can buy...id buy dowsing rods before investing into another garrett

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im using a bh discovery 1100 in pa and find it to be a very nice accurate machine i have freinds that used garrett and fisher and prefer my md over theres so from personal experince and from friends prefering my machine. I would sat def go with the bh, but again that is all personal recomendation, which is all ur able to get, but it is all gonna boil down to the warranty i think anyway.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad that all got resolved..

Peace,

Larry

Last edited:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
i have a bh discovery 2200 and love it now that ive learned it lol .They really are capable machines not the deepest machines out there, but plenty deep enough. Some of my club members swing bh and there finds are amongst the best this year from our club. One guy swinging a bh discovery 1100 found a 1926 2 1\2 dollar gold coin underneath a rusty washer so they do work quite well. i have to agree with some posters that there is quite an stigma surrounding bh line and in my opinion not deserved. People that knock the bh line havent used one or havent taken the time to learn it. i would put my bh against any ace product anyday of the week and im sure they would be at least as good as an ace. cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread