Minelab ProFind vs Garrett ProPointer

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's has a new pinpointer coming out by Christmas. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it doesn't look that bad, even if the garret can go further if super tuned I think that without any tricks the pro find is a interesting option.

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
I dont know why you would want more than 2 to 3 inches for a pin pointer to be honest

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know why you would want more than 2 to 3 inches for a pin pointer to be honest
I would have to agree with you.. Its a pinpointer not a probe. I did the supertune because I knew there would be guys asking about it.. thanks for the reply..

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My garrett was good at first but now it randomly goes off in mid air, and when it does it in a hole it pisses me off. I will buy the pro find and i hope i am satisfied with it!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kevin there are 3 things that could possibly cause that.. one is battery, two emi, 3 the propointer is bad.. Garrett's customer service is top notch.. contact them and they will take care of it..

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My garrett was good at first but now it randomly goes off in mid air, and when it does it in a hole it pisses me off. I will buy the pro find and i hope i am satisfied with it!

Garrett will get it fixed. Give them a ring. Holler if I can help you with a Minelab Pro Find 25 Pinpointer

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will agree with Garett's customer service, I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I am a minelab guy so I will be getting the pro find soon, also check out my YouTube page and see what we found in Natchez, ms last weekend at an antebellum home. YouTube/kshollywood or click this link

Please leave a comment on the YouTube page, thanks.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool will check it out

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sub'd your channel.. gonehunting73

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you have a chanel gonehunting?

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
random chattering for the propointer seems to be a common problem, when i contacted garrett's customer service about it the lady customer rep was horrible. Her first action was to talk down to me like i was an idiot, sorta like she was trying to trick me into saying i did something to cause the problem, (which i did not),when she realized that wasn't her best course of travel all she had to say was send it to us, if it is under warranty we will look at it. in the last 25 years of my metal detecting hobby i have owned a few garrett products and i am not brand specific, but because of this lady rep. i may never own another. I thought i would just share my experience about garrett customer sevice.

Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to know just one thing on the minelab. Does it go off if you try to bend the point? If I try to bend the point of my pro pointer, applying some pressure to one side, it starts beeping even if no metal is near. Does the minelab do the same?

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
The garret seems lime a pretty solid piece.... That must be some pressure to bend one

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
The garret seems lime a pretty solid piece.... That must be some pressure to bend one
Not at all.. Actually you don't bend it it's just the pressure that makes it go off.... I don't know how or why, the garrett doesn't look to bend at all but if you apply pressure to the tip eather on one side or the other or you push it down in the ground, slightly not very strong pressure needed.

I had 2 garretts and both do it. and aparently all of them do it. Now I don't know if the minelabs does the same thing or not.

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slight pressure on the tip (very very slight) makes some sound off, (a definite glitch) and that along with the random chattering seems to be a common problem, I personally do not have a problem with products having a "glitch", that is just life, however i do have a problem with a companys customer service treating me the way garretts customer service did.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really would send it in and have it looked at if you have questions. I have seen Garrett do among things or people.

You can't really expect the pro pointer or a pro find to be as sensitive as they are and not off with pressure. It's a catch 22 thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread