T2 vs Mxt pro for coinshooting.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say for sure the MXT is a great detector and with the D2 coil it gets those really deep whisper targets. It takes a while to be at one with the detector but once you get used to those deep whisper targets you won't miss much, you can take it to those pounded parks turn up the disc. to about 6 and run the gain at +2 and just listen for those faint targets to bypass the clad and surface junk. HH

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I can say for sure the MXT is a great detector and with the D2 coil it gets those really deep whisper targets. It takes a while to be at one with the detector but once you get used to those deep whisper targets you won't miss much, you can take it to those pounded parks turn up the disc. to about 6 and run the gain at +2 and just listen for those faint targets to bypass the clad and surface junk. HH

Is the stock coil not as good for the MXT? It's a 12" on the Mxt Pro if I'm not mistaken.

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the T2 SE and I am primarily a coinshooter. It's no slouch in the cool ass relics department to boot. In the last 4 weeks I have pulled over 35 "keeper" coins from areas that I have previously POUNDED with many different detectors (Explorer 2, AT Pro, Omega 8000). I had experience using these machines, but the bottom line is that the T2 SE is a great machine with great depth. I'd say that 80% of the coins were found between 8"-9" and more than half are silver. I just found two LC's (1831 & 1851), and a Seated Liberty Dime (1856) today at a church I have been hitting for a few months. The LC's were roughly around the 11" mark and the Seated was between 9"-10". The trick to this machine is to be PATIENT and learn the tones. The Boost Mode on this machine is what makes it a monster. The Boost mode has KILLER depth. The machine straight out of the box can hit a silver dime at 7"-8" with no problem. I have found that with this machine more sensitivity does not always equal more depth. When dialed in properly this machine will have other coinshooters hating you because you will find EVERYTHING. If you want more of my opinions and experiences with this machine hit me up. I have some great settings for coins and old buttons. Another plus is the fact that it's SUPER light and VERY easy to use.

I also want to add that deeper coins are better than a whisper with the T2 SE. Coins at 8" sound just as loud as coins at 3". The Boost mode on the T2 SE is the balls....

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the D2 coil is a DD coil so its separates targets really good for its size, you will be able to dig dimes at 10"+ without a problem with the D2 coil, just when they get that deep they won't VDI like they would at 8" or less but still sing sweet. HH

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stock MXT Pro comes with either the 12 inch or the 950 coil ( $899 or $849). I actually prefer the 950 coil myself and then pick up the 10 dd as a later purchase.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The stock MXT Pro comes with either the 12 inch or the 950 coil ( $899 or $849). I actually prefer the 950 coil myself and then pick up the 10 dd as a later purchase.

I wasn't aware that you could get the Pro new with anything other than the 12"....awesome.

ps249

Dec 17, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will add a vote for the MXT Pro. Great for coin hunting. I have increased my nickel count in the one year I have used it (by 3 times more). Its a great nickel and silver slayer. Also great for gold (just use the smaller DD coil)

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coinstriking Michigan, I see on the forum you are looking at several detectors right now also. What direction are you leaning? I am in the same boat.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Both machines are great for what you are looking for. I personally have the MXT PRO with the 10x12 SEF coil. I took it to a hunted out site (hunted heavily with my previous DFX) and found several mercury dimes and wheat pennies. I hunted a part of the park that I gridded and covered every square inch in about a 20' x 50' area with my previous DFX. When I hunted same area with my MXT it was like I was hunting a virgin site. I could not believe all the coins that the MXT PRO found that the DFX missed. The SEF coil is awesome as it has great separation for its size. I also have the 6x10 DD but never use it since I got the SEF. The T2 is an awesome machine as well. A friend of mine has one and is very successful with it. Again it is like Ford/Chevy as to what you like. Both have great features but it is up to you as to which you like. I would seriously try to get a hands on for each machine and make your decision then. Good luck as I don't believe you would be disappointed in either choice.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you think that the mxt pro can even reach as deep as the T2?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to hi-jack this post but would they compare about the same way when it comes to relics? Looked at a MXT Pro today at a dealer and was very impressed. Not nearly as heavy as it looks, even with the big 12" coil on it. Very balanced machine; it actually felt lighter than my ATPro. But i beleive it is just balanced better. A friend has the T2 and loves it. It is a lightweight machine. But i have not "used" either, but i am sure once learned they are both great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread