Garrett Ace 350 w/elliptical coil or Fisher F2 w/elliptical coil?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Entry level detectors are entry level detectors. Pick one! Throw a dart! Flip a coin!
I know it's not helpful, but it's really not going to make a difference. They are both have their own fans. Each will have it's own strengths/weaknesses in comparison to each other.

cough*Tesoro Cibola*cough!

OP
OP
Z

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. That was not helpful. My Tracker IV is "entry" level. I paid $60 for it, and if I'm gonna spend $2-300, I want it to be a worthwhile step up. If all entry level detectors were the same, there'd be no reason for the head to head comparison forum, or the brand forums. Just one blanket "metal detecting" forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. That was not helpful. My Tracker IV is "entry" level. I paid $60 for it, and if I'm gonna spend $2-300, I want it to be a worthwhile step up. If all entry level detectors were the same, there'd be no reason for the head to head comparison forum, or the brand forums. Just one blanket "metal detecting" forum.
Need more info on what type of targets and area your hunting?

Also you can get far more bang for your buck by looking at some of the used on sell here...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya more info would hice a better idea on to What u like to hunt relic,beach,coin shooting etc both are definetly above the tracker ive never tried a Fisher out have tried garretts out I think they are great detectors u might if u look hard find a used Atpro for the price of the ace 350, then u should be good for alot longer think of future purchases aswell

OP
OP
Z

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Eugene, Oregon. There wasn't much european settlement around here before the late 19th century, and the local natives gave up their rights rather easily after seeing what happened to their cousins during westward expansion. I guess the most valuable things I'm likely to find are old coins and jewelry.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jesus...ok I'll be a little more simple...Similar priced machines will have similar performances.
I know you're looking for someone to say the $250 xyz detector is better than the $275 abc detector buy the xyz! As soon as some says that, then someone that owns an abc will disagree and say buy the abc because it's better than the xyz. Simple fact is both offer similar performance for a similar price. Period! Pick one!

OP
OP
Z

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get what you're saying, but this is a forum for the head to head comparison of machines, and that's just what I asked for. You're still just being a nuisance.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck. I'm sure whichever one you decide on will the better unit.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im going to help you out .. :occasion18:Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison are not the same but you cant go wrong with ether 1 ..............

ACE 350 ......8.25khz is better for small gold :goldbar:.... fishers 5.9khz which is better for deep relics coins... well that's what i here :dontknow:

fisher takes a 9v battery ...ace 350 4 aaa batters

fisher f2 has a 5 y Warranty........ace 350 2y :dontknow:

ACE350 looks cool 8-) ... Fisher has always been the proven leader in metal detecting technology for almost 80 years

Fisher was granted the first patent ever issued for a metal detector.

Fisher was first to develop TR (transmit-receive) and BFO (beat frequency oscillator) circuits for use in metal detection equipment.

Fisher was first to develop VLF (very low frequency) version of TR circuitry for metal detectors.

Fisher was first to design metal detector circuits that discriminated against 'Trash items" while still detecting good targets.

Fisher was first to supply military forces, utility companies, treasure hunting customers and governments with portable hand held equipment.

Fisher was first to design detection equipment capable of detecting objects as deep as 450 feet.

Fisher was first to design detection equipment specifically for coinshooters and relic hunters:notworthy:

get the fisher F2 with the DD coil 300$ :headbang:... lol thats my 2 penny's :occasion14:

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with silversurfer, the f2 with the 11in. DD coil is hard to beat! Super fast recovery and response speed, and very respectable depth.
Happy hunting :)
Crazy4coins

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread