Deep Tech Vista Gold?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes its a very good machine 25khz pounded out old site machine sought for relic hunters in particular, not a park machine at all 2 tone disc has a boost feature f/s mode on swing speed, with the new 5x8" coil will pick out anything in iron disc is ferrous/non ferrous will pick up on micro jewelry in dry sand does not like salt and for 25khz will go deep!

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I have one.
Made in Bulgaria.
A bit lower quality than the American made machines.
It only discs out iron, and tiny bits of alum. foil.
It is stable, sensitive, and it goes deep.
Mostly used for relics and beaches.

You do not want to take this into a trashy park.
Also very telling audio. Its an analog machine.
I love mine.... In its proper hunting environment.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check it out:

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to help....

Anyone ever use this machine?
Any info on it?
Dirtfisher23

Yes. The electronics (I've heard) are made in Germany then shipped with the rest of the machine being completed in Bulgaria. It's the brainchild of Bulgarian designer Plamen Rashkov. Great machine especially on thin and/or small non-ferrous objects. It has low tone on iron which can be muted by turning a knob all the way to the left and a high tone on all your non-ferrous metals(gold, silver, copper, brass, lead, etc.). It operates on a 25 kHz frequency. Is primarily designed to find gold with. Remember though, as with (any) gold detector worth their weight, this machine does NOT have gobs of discrimination. It will not eliminate pulltabs. If it did, you wouldn't find your thin gold items and some of your thin gold chains and small gold nuggets would be DISC'd out. Will not eliminate pulltabs. Will eliminate small pieces of aluminum foil. Can detect a freshly buried modern 'clad' dime at approximately 12.25" in the ground (See Keith Southern's YouTube video titled 'DeepTech Vista Gold metal detector 12.25" dime test'). Has a 'Double-D' 12x7" standard searchcoil on newer models. The older Vista Gold coils had problems with wet grass falsing but the company seems to have eliminated that problem on the more recent coils. It's fairly light weight as with the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. Unlike the Bounty Hunter, it is a 'turn-knob', 'no bells-and-whistles', no-nonsense detector. Manual GB can be tricky; sometimes easy, sometimes hard to get right. The machine seems to be finicky on one particular type of gravel here in North Carolina. (Reportedly) will detect some coins at 20". Will out-perform my friend's Whites MXT on a 3" wide galvanized steel bar in an air test. If you have any doubt about this, get someone you know who has one to do this test in front of you with the machine (properly) set up. Used in Britain to find thin, small, hammered Roman gold and silver coins and find them deep at that. Not as powerful as an XP Deus or say, a Blisstool or a Nexus Standard SE (from Greece) but still, for the price, more of a bargain than these aforementioned detectors. The gentleman I bought mine from, said it outperformed his Minelab Explorer and his Fisher F75 by 20%.

Last edited:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice report Greg. I have one and it is a great relic machine. Iron masking of objects do not exist with this machine. Just turn the iron volume down and you hear iron in a muted tone while all nonferrous targets give a loud high tone. A nail right on top of a nonferrous target will report as both targets. Very fast recovery. As said earlier, it is really a relic and dry sand micro jewelry detector. Not for use in parks and trashy coin hunting because it will hit on so many small non ferrous trash targets that most detectors would never see. My only complaint with it is the build quality of the detector shaft. Really wobbly. I put a couple of metal shims in the connection joint where the two shafts lock together and it really helped a lot. Light weight and all knob operation. No LCD or gauges. It also has a signal boost mode that finds targets very deep. It is a great machine for the money, again for specialty use only. The Bulgarians are coming out with some great new specialty machines that are breaking new ground. Some of the bigger detector companies should sit up and take notice of or they could find themselves playing catch up again. Sometimes the smaller outfits push the envelope while the big boys just keep doing what worked 20 years ago. Tweak an old design and change the cosmetics. I would like to see a report from someone who nugget hunts to see if this machine can handle high mineralization and hot rocks. Kind of like the Gold Bug II. Would be an interesting read....Stuart

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice report Greg. I have one and it is a great relic machine. Iron masking of objects do not exist with this machine. Just turn the iron volume down and you hear iron in a muted tone while all nonferrous targets give a loud high tone. A nail right on top of a nonferrous target will report as both targets. Very fast recovery. As said earlier, it is really a relic and dry sand micro jewelry detector. Not for use in parks and trashy coin hunting because it will hit on so many small non ferrous trash targets that most detectors would never see. My only complaint with it is the build quality of the detector shaft. Really wobbly. I put a couple of metal shims in the connection joint where the two shafts lock together and it really helped a lot. Light weight and all knob operation. No LCD or gauges. It also has a signal boost mode that finds targets very deep. It is a great machine for the money, again for specialty use only. The Bulgarians are coming out with some great new specialty machines that are breaking new ground. Some of the bigger detector companies should sit up and take notice of or they could find themselves playing catch up again. Sometimes the smaller outfits push the envelope while the big boys just keep doing what worked 20 years ago. Tweak an old design and change the cosmetics. I would like to see a report from someone who nugget hunts to see if this machine can handle high mineralization and hot rocks. Kind of like the Gold Bug II. Would be an interesting read....Stuart

Thanks Stuart. This detector (can) work in parks (if) you're not rushed to find the world's record for coins or you're being hurried by an impatient MD partner. It's guaranteed to find (much) of the non-ferrous metals most other detectors leave behind. Now I know what a lot might be thinking right now; 'Oh bother, I'm gong to find the all the non-ferrous aluminum that all the other detectors ignored'. Well not so fast. All very small to very large gold,copper,brass,silver,lead,etc. items are non-ferrous. Well the point is this. A (lot) of detector brands and/or models will miss the real small gold and other smaller, interesting targets due to the phenomenon of 'coin masking'. This means that the detector's circuitry will miss a good small/large coin and/or gold target or many other small/large types of metal(small and/or large nonferrous/ferrous targets) because of their slow recovery speed. That's where the DeepTech comes in and really cleans up a 'cleaned out' sight. It's lightning quick (at least as good as a Fisher F75) with it's recovery speed and the smaller coil really hones in on the 'masked' good targets. If you hear a high tone right next to a low tone, you'd better dig it up. The high tone indicates there's a lot of times some non-ferrous (gold, silver, brass, copper, and yes, sometimes aluminum) target next to a small or large piece of iron that another detector could commonly have missed. This detector is also (VERY) deep even with the smaller 8x5.5" DD coil. Appx. 12" +/- on a dime with the smaller coil and a good 15" or more on large coins with the larger 11x7.5" DD coil for not-so-iron-contaminated places. One rule of thumb. If you're eliminating pull tabs and nickles, you're usually (going) to eliminate thin gold and small, interesting relics (especially) if your detector is factory preset slow as is the case with a lot of digital-screen detectors. Yes, even Whites. Sorry Whites users. Manual detectors like Stuart said (are usually quicker). This detector has a fast/slow toggle. Use the slow setting on red-clay sights and the fast setting when over lots of iron and/or less mineralized (loamy) places like creek beds or corn fields.

Last edited:

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition to previous comments.

:hello2:

Hello Stuart! It's Greg again. Well I've been doing some toying around with an old vintage Brinkmann Treasure Sensor 4000. No 'bells and whistles' on this rare little gem. Just a simple 'turn-on-and-go' machine except for a simple ground-balancing procedure before hunting so as to get the maximum depth possible. Wow if (only) Brinkmann had improved upon the depth performance of this little machine and had continued this T/R search mode-type detector on into the 21st century but with updated styling, this detector could have competed with many of the best of them as far as the performance is concerned. It will ignore iron for the most part and do it better than the Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840 of the same time period(1974-1982; Brinkmann Treasure Sensor 1000-8000). So VLF Motion or Slow Motion discriminate detectors are fine but this company was on to something when they designed and built the Treasure Sensor 1000-4000 with these model's ability to ignore iron and their T/R non-motion pinpointing accuracy. The Treasure Sensor 5000, 8000 don't have the ease-of-use as the lower-number models though unfortunately thus don't work as well in my opinion. The 8000 was the top of their line and the whole line was phased out somewhere around 1982 +/-. To the best of my knowledge, Brinkmann went back to making their usual gas and charcoal grills, coolers, and other camping gear after this date. They are still around but just not in the MD manufacturing department. Well everyone have a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!!!! Greg.

calibil

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the visa gold is as good as the previous post indicate
I had used mine in a football field after using the dfx , bandito ,e track, mxt, x-5, x terra 705, whites classic,
The gold was able to easily pick out small foreign. Coins. Half the size of Us dimes at 7inches or so with great audio. These coins were painted for some possible reason
Maybe a past seeded hunt. I found about 10 of these smaller coins with the small coil.
I was also surprised that it does hit very well on quarters and dimes and other coins on edge, like the GT soverign
It does excel at nickel range targets and dry sand
My deepest nickel was 14 inches in dry sand with the larger coil.
After many years of beach hunting the PI's will be relagated to wet sand.
The build quality may seem chinsy but it does get the job done and that's
What matters.
Very fast recovery, like the mxt or g-2 or tesorro vac , f75
It will pass the dense black sand test better than 99% of most vlf detectors
On and off the market today. I only Give it that rating because there maybe one other detector out there that will pass the dense black sand test
Caution: Only use in parks and fields as a last resort or clean up.

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. The electronics (I've heard) are made in Germany then shipped with the rest of the machine being completed in Bulgaria. It's the brainchild of Bulgarian designer Plamen Rashkov. Great machine especially on thin and/or small non-ferrous objects. It has low tone on iron which can be muted by turning a knob all the way to the left and a high tone on all your non-ferrous metals(gold, silver, copper, brass, lead, etc.). It operates on a 25 kHz frequency. Is primarily designed to find gold with. Remember though, as with (any) gold detector worth their weight, this machine does NOT have gobs of discrimination. It will not eliminate pulltabs. If it did, you wouldn't find your thin gold items and some of your thin gold chains and small gold nuggets would be DISC'd out. Will not eliminate pulltabs. Will eliminate small pieces of aluminum foil. Can detect a freshly buried modern 'clad' dime at approximately 12.25" in the ground (See Keith Southern's YouTube video titled 'DeepTech Vista Gold metal detector 12.25" dime test'). Has a 'Double-D' 12x7" standard searchcoil on newer models. The older Vista Gold coils had problems with wet grass falsing but the company seems to have eliminated that problem on the more recent coils. It's fairly light weight as with the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. Unlike the Bounty Hunter, it is a 'turn-knob', 'no bells-and-whistles', no-nonsense detector. Manual GB can be tricky; sometimes easy, sometimes hard to get right. The machine seems to be finicky on one particular type of gravel here in North Carolina. (Reportedly) will detect some coins at 20". Will out-perform my friend's Whites MXT on a 3" wide galvanized steel bar in an air test. If you have any doubt about this, get someone you know who has one to do this test in front of you with the machine (properly) set up. Used in Britain to find thin, small, hammered Roman gold and silver coins and find them deep at that. Not as powerful as an XP Deus or say, a Blisstool or a Nexus Standard SE (from Greece) but still, for the price, more of a bargain than these aforementioned detectors. The gentleman I bought mine from, said it outperformed his Minelab Explorer and his Fisher F75 by 20%.

Vista detectors are entirely designed and manufactured in Bulgaria. They have nothing to do with Germany what so ever. The German part of the manufacturing is a lie.
I have F75 and no Vista model can get over its performance, depth, discrimination or in any other way, period.
F75 is a killer in the right hands, but most folks can not cope with the manual adjustments required for top notch performance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread