garrett infinium ls and the sea hunter 11?

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Salt beach detecting capability is close enough to the same for these two detectors.
The Sea hunter is easier to set up and start detecting (much easier).
The SH does not have Iron ID or High/Low conductivity reading ability.
It does have discrimination but it is very limited and you will find more good stuff if you leave the disc off.
As a beach only detector I would choose the SH over the INf.
I chose the Inf for myself because I detect in all ground conditions wet or dry.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only problem with the Infinium and salt beach hunting is that when you buy the Infinium, it does not come with waterproof headphones, so you have to buy those seperately. Also, the stock coil does not do nearly as well on the beaches as the mono coil does, so you need to buy that seperately too.

I'm not sure why Garrett does not offer the Infinium with a saltwater package.

In the end, I do not see the how the Infinium will trump the SeaHunter at the beach. The tones on the Infinium are nice, but Garrett admits either tone could be gold, so you need to dig both anyway. Not much help there.

While people swear by the Infinium for relic hunting, I just personally don't feel it gives you more bang for the buck over the SeaHunter.

But thats just one guy's opinion.

trustyone

Oct 15, 2017
Branson, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Infinium and many others over the last 45 years!
Primary Interest:
Other
The Infinium has a ground balance circuit which helps if you get into some highly mineralized soil.... I wish someone made a giant coil for them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread