Whites Bulls-eye pin pointer vs, Garrett pro pointer

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites Bull's-eye pin pointer vs, Garrett pro pointer

Can someone please tell me witch one gets more depth ? I own the Whites [paid 15$ for it] seems to work well but EVERYONE else around me is using the Garrett Pro pointer. So should I go ahead & make the investment and get a pro pointer ? Is it worth it ? I'm beginning to think so .:icon_scratch: Almost forgot the Whites is a Bull's eye 2 or 3, I can not recall , my wife has our car & it's in the trunk.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are very good but I like the Garrett. But for real depth of a pinpointer you can't beat a Sunray inline probe for depth. It runs off your detector's circuits and is like a 1" coil with about 8 inches of depth. Nice thing also is you can't lose it cause it is attached to the switch box.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both are very good but I like the Garrett. But for real depth of a pinpointer you can't beat a Sunray inline probe for depth. It runs off your detector's circuits and is like a 1" coil with about 8 inches of depth. Nice thing also is you can't lose it cause it is attached to the switch box.

Do these work with ANY detector or only certain ones? I have seen them in videos and think they would be a nice investment.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned a Bullseye, a Centec, and a Auto Max pinpointer before I bought the Garret Propointer, so I tested all four against the same buried target. The Garrett clearly won the test, and was able to locate targets that the other couldn't. It is worth every penny.

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The garrett is great until it starts to false. Can't wait for the new whites.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help . As family/ folk are broke i'm asking everyone [ if they want to give me a Christmas gift] to pool their money and that will allow me to purchase the pro pointer w/ a little extra money from me if needed , besides 2 is better than one. Davers

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help . As family/ folk are broke i'm asking everyone [ if they want to give me a Christmas gift] to pool their money and that will allow me to purchase the pro pointer w/ a little extra money from me if needed , besides 2 is better than one. Davers

Hit the parks and collect that clad. If you cash it in at a coinstar, the full amount can be used towards a Amazon.com gift card account. Then when you get enough in your account, you can but your Propointer thru them. I used my summer clad to buy my Lesche digger that way.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Can someone please tell me witch one gets more depth ? I own the Whites [paid 15$ for it] seems to work well but EVERYONE else around me is using the Garrett Pro pointer. So should I go ahead & make the investment and get a pro pointer ? Is it worth it ? I'm beginning to think so .:icon_scratch: Almost forgot the Whites is a Bull's eye 2 or 3, I can not recall , my wife has our car & it's in the trunk.

I own 2 Garretts PPs, but got a Bullseye2 in a package last year, and to me, it pretty well matches depth with my ProPointers. I have only used the BE2 maybe 10 minutes of time here in ly home coin garden, and I've been impressed with it's operation. IMO, you don't need to rush into a Garretts but I am a believer in having a spare PPr, and I won't be electively sideline the Garretts. The proximity alert alone makes it worth it. The BE2 seems to me to be nice, and you bought yours right at $15. BTW, I don't like attatched, in-line PP-rz. Added weight and too many switches to keep up with.

Jm2c. martin

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save my soda cans up to buy my Garrett's pro pointer.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS - Very helpful info and Opinions [ So many needs/wants so little Money]. Davers

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the $15, you have a GREAT pinpointer. I have used a White's Bullseye 2 all year long and it works great. All my other equipment is Garrett's, so I am no brand basher, by any means. I am quite happy with the Bullseye 2 and will have no problem buying another. White's has been around many, many years.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the informative post!!! I just received my pro-pointer today in the mail over here in Italy!!! MD'erStEvO

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just remember they are pinpointers used to speed recovery. I cant believe they still cost over 100 dollars well the name brands do anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions