Hi everybody I need some input regarding f75 and AT PRO.

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
I like to buy and try all kinds of detectors .now I like to buy fisher f75 and I would like to know if fisher f75 can do more than what the at pro can do what ? I am not trying to say it cost more there for it should be better , I tried all kinds of detectors and I find my self stuck with the at pro to me it seems that the at pro is very hard to beet ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Don't over look the AT Gold. To me after doing research it's a better machine than the Pro except in salt water.
True all metal alone makes it a winner for me.

OP
OP
hobby

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
I do a lot of beach hunt the at gold can't operate on wet sand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda simple the f75 is an absolute great machine hands down,but yes the Atpro can do more it can go 10' in the water

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For even less money you could get a used explorer that would stomp on both the f75 and the atp at the beach.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every machine has a great point about it. Thats what makes them all unique & & not the same plus there are alot of brand loyal users that will tell u there machines being used will beat anything out there when not all spots are the same all different from air,water,& the mineralization in the ground all different so what works for one good may not for another. If ur able to its,best to see If you can try out different machines ur thinking about to see If they will indeed be what you are looking for

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me the ATP was a little more versatile with its waterproofing than the F75....also alot cheaper so for less than the f75 you could buy an atp with the extra 5x8 coil!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me the ATP was a little more versatile with its waterproofing than the F75....also alot cheaper so for less than the f75 you could buy an atp with the extra 5x8 coil!

Having used both the F 75 and AT Pro, I can say the only thing the AT PRO has is ability to get wet

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did we know that was coming? lol, Hope your feeling better Sandman
Having used both the F 75 and AT Pro, I can say the only thing the AT PRO has is ability to get wet

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 Special Edition is able to get wet-- up to the control box.

It is a very powerful machine which allows for ...sloppy hunting technics....meaning you can miss targets by about a foot but still get a hit on it...then you zero in on it.

Very light weight and the 5 inch coil is very sensitive also.

I run mine in ALL METAL MODE.

Only bad thing I have to say about the F75 is---- it sucks in wet salt sand.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did we know that was coming? lol, Hope your feeling better Sandman

Hey, A guy has to have fun. I am slowly getting the use of my legs and thank you for asking.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, A guy has to have fun. I am slowly getting the use of my legs and thank you for asking.

Slowly but ull get there 2 years ago I lost my walkin abilities aswell I had a minivan fall on me at work by another employee im walkin now time goes by quick befor ya know it ull be up & out detecting take care & hope the best

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Sandman showers with his ATP if nothing else you know it's a clean detector. I love my ATP but ready for a new challenge. I am looking at the V3i right now. Having a hard time convincing wife i need it but for certain she won't let me get up to the CTX class of detectors. Not that i can't but I just don't want to hear the complaining.

As so many on here say, go with your gut. Each one has their advantages and i am beginning to join the crowd of one can't have too many detectors.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with Sandman on this one. Comparing an AT of any flavor against an F75 is like me comparing an Aerostar (Mom) van against my BMW 330i. I think it's funny..:laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them both. If just on land the f-75 for me. If you want to hunt creeks then the at-pro is the one to take. There are a lot of great machines out there. Main thing is to learn the machine you use.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you happen to live in a part of the country where it never rains: F75.........If not: AT Pro! Or maybe if you do all your detecting indoors??? Rain usually comes from above so waterproof coils alone dont help much...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you happen to live in a part of the country where it never rains: F75.........If not: AT Pro! Or maybe if you do all your detecting indoors??? Rain usually comes from above so waterproof coils alone dont help much...
Kinda like saying if you live anywhere it gets dark at night don't get the atp because it does'nt have a backlight.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda like saying if you live anywhere it gets dark at night don't get the atp because it does'nt have a backlight.

Except you can hunt in the dark with an ATP and still have it work at the end of the hunt.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife has a really dumb dog that is still smart enough to come inside when it starts raining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread