OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
New, puh-leeze don't mis-quote me, please..? One other misquoted me as saying "twice as" too, but I didn't say that, he did.

I didn't say "pick up a dime", I don't do that, and I never have said that either, not in all my life. (I) pick up a coin, but coins don't pick up coins, and neither do metal detectors, if I could design one to do that I'd be a millionaire.

In PURE SILICA soil (silica is mild soil, it is nothing but pure "white sand" found on freshwater base areas with no iron it it at all), there is nothing to stop a detector from using its full radiating magnetic field power, period. Silica is basically almost clear glass when melted, do you think that pure glass has Fe (iron) in it without it being added in the mix? In other words, shouldn't it get the same depth in the ground as it does in air? Metal detectors are not phased by white sand even in the most miniscule way, but it like other bases are soils too. And yes, both the Tejon AND the foreign machine above get very good depth in many mild soils, but nobody hunts in (only) mild soil as is seen in the video. When I hunt black sand salt beaches my CZ beats the F70, the F75, and the F5, and the Omega 8000, etc, but inland the opposite happens, the F series beat it, and considerably too.

So my next question is, do you know the guy who was doing these "tests" :laughing7: And do you realize he is pushing that foreign machine line? And did you check his "settings?" I've seen this video before, and was not impressed, especially when he claims it's undisturbed soil. It is not, it is disturbed (changed) so much that it might as well not even be there any more because people don't normally find that type of situation anyway, the magnetic soil polarity has been disturbed, period, and every time he swings to t=his right each detector, each coild is affected in a different way that the others.. The magnetized soil molecules have been rearranged magnetically. The magnetic soil polar molecule strata has been completely disturbed, as if when magnetizing a nail. His "test" would be no differently (although not intentionally) misleading than if he had poured cement in there instead and tested through it. This is a rather poor and foolish test, at best, every detector behaves different than others because of the air gap or the dirt having been dug around the spot. . Let me put it another way, don't always believe what you see. My Tejon got the same air depth, at 15-17 on a nickel (it was designed to do that) depending on interference factors, but in the real world it sucked BIG TIME in bad soil, and was dramatically affected in average soil.. My CZ70 gets the same depth as a CZ3D, but an F70, F75, or T2 blows the door off of it and the CD3D and CZ 5 in most soils with mild to moderate mineralization, because it simply has more power, better circuitry, and the soil places fewer limitations on its power, and I've seen it prove to be true. I don't need a sales push to try to make me think I was hallucinating when I witnessed it either.. :laughing7:

Personally, and although I was impressed initially, neither the Blisstool nor the Deep Tech are good enough for me and my wide range of soils I hunt in. They lose their depth severely if the soil isn't wussie-style. In eastern Europe though those two work just fine because it can, but I don't see people running around trying to get priority franchise dealerships on it here.. And what about repairs? Or customer service?

Last edited:

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...Personally, and although I was impressed initially, neither the Blisstool nor the Deep Tech are good enough for me and my wide range of soils I hunt in. They lose their depth severely if the soil isn't wussie-style. In eastern Europe though those two work just fine because it can, but I don't see people running around trying to get priority franchise dealerships on it here.. And what about repairs? Or customer service?

I have been itching to add my $0.02, but LL seamed to cover it. The multi-frequency machines have greater potential to adjust to conditions, allow the operator & unit to run at a higher sensitivity and likely to achieve greater depths on the average -- where average is a combination of soils, mineralization, etc.

I own a PI with a big coil, CZ, and others....but the CZ is a go-to machine whenever I have to deal with an area with significant iron debris.

-David

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New, puh-leeze don't mis-quote me, please..? One other misquoted me as saying "twice as" too, but I didn't say that, he did.
GO BACK AND RECHECK! I NEVER SAID "YOU SAID" ANYTHING! Talk about misquoting! You were right about one thing though, "everyone makes mistakes!"
Nice Try smarty!

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After speaking with some buddies who have been around and used the Blisstool, it sounds like this machine falls apart in heavy iron which would not be great for me since half my sites are iron infested...

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Fella, go back and read your post> You wrote (said) "twice as quick", then "twice as fast", then "twice as well", then "twice the depth", then "twice as good", and " twice the disc". I didn't write that, YOU did. I just reiterated what you posted, that's all. Why did you write that, and why did you imply it, or why did you even mention it, was it a question, and what was the reason for your writing it? You clearly wrote "twice as" several different times. And New misquoted me too, but in a different way, because I view it as being silly to say a metal detector "picks up" something. I didn't say that both of you misquoted me by saying the same misquote, I wrote that both misquoted me, he did directly, and you did by implication. Enough of this silliness though, we are adults here, not children.

BTW, take a good look at your Coinmaster Pro, I may have had it in my hot hands before you even bought it. I was an electronics production line supervisor who monitored many of Whites circuitboard fabrications a while back.

I'm wondering if you might be getting a little bit too defensive about something, although I'm not sure what it is, because I'm just here to try to help people weed their way through all the maze of misinformation and personal opinions on this site since I have a background in the hows and whys metal detectors work. After all, isn't it just a place to have a good time, and to not make it a political discussion that often results in anger and defensiveness?

Last edited:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read some of the woeful tales about the Blisstools too. One guy took a hammer to his... beat the devil out of it too, and posted a picture of it. I think I'll pass, although I could repair it myself. When I buy a car, I want it to work, not fall apart 6 months after I bought it.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fella, go back and read your post> You wrote "twice as quick", then "twice as fast", then "twice as well", then "twice the depth", then "twice as good", and " twice the disc". I didn't write that, YOU did.
Gall darn it...I'll try to make this simple for you...I NEVER MISQUOTED YOU with the "twice as" crap. YES, I said that, NEVER said I didn't.

Why did you write that then, was it a question...
YES LARRY, it was a question as stated in that post. GO BACK AND RE-READ the BLOODY THING!

BTW, take a good look at your Coinmaster Pro, I may have had it in my hot hands before you even bought it. I was an electronics production line supervisor who monitored many of Whites circuitboard fabrications a while back.
What does this have to do with anything? Just thumping your chest? (rhetorical question) See how I made made the question part stand out? (another rhetorical question) FWIW, the CMP is a pretty weak detector in it's price point.

This is getting pretty stupid but I'll keep going none the less...This started with you stating (loosely quoting here ok?) that the F70 was "Superior in every way" to detectors like the CZ-3D and such. Then you used the analogy of a '74 BMW to a '14 BMW to compare the differences. THAT'S where I stepped in and called the analogy a bad one and used the twice as fast, twice as quick references. (BTW what was the 0-60 on say a '74 BMW 1600-2? How bout a '14 BMW M5? Yeah never mind.) Sorry, maybe you weren't talking about performance when you made the statement about "superior in every way". And maybe I just assumed your analogy was related to "superior in every way". Gee, dunno how one could have thought that.

Peace out posse!

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever noticed which members keep the pot stirred with insults and snipes and then we get the "RE-READ" instructions. Time and time again the posts get shot to H3LL by the same ones.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Post on a thread that hasn't had any activity in days...check

Add nothing relevant (on topic) to said thread...check

Come off as hypocritical...check

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cz trumps over all tesoros for me so far,even my tejon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread