dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about the atx until I seen on another forum that the guy making all those videos is a Garrett dealer. Now I'll wait for the new Minelab, maybe a Minelab dealer will come out with some new videos.

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could do videos making any one of these units look better than the others. They are all good detectors if you leverage their strengths to your advantage. I enjoy using all of them.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
The ATX for me, I do a lot of beach hunting. If I had the others I would use them too wherever.
Rich

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I would go with the TDI because I just recently bought one of the original 200 made. Just getting comfortable with this machine and learning its strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the best all around detector ever made. GPX is just more than I can see paying for a machine right now since I do not nugget hunt yet. Hoping to try that in the future. ATX I am waiting for the initial sales hype to die down and see how it holds up in real world tests by real people. Strengths, weaknesses, and dependability. I now own nine detectors (crazy even by my way of thinking ). To buy another I will have to make myself sell a couple. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Each has a purpose that they are ideally suited. I may have to admit here that I have an addiction to this sport. Just do not ask me how many coils I own. Now those I could see owning a few more of....LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread