MineLab Se Pro Vs MineLab Etrac

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The TTF alone is worth the extra $$$ but the better algorithms used in the Etracs control is another. The FE-Co numbers of desirable targets on an Explorer screen resembled an "S" and had a much greater variation. The Etrac has what is termed the "12 line" and most keepers fall somewhere on the 12-XX line horizontally across the screen. Note: For those who are ready to argue about my previous statement, this may not always be true if a target is blended with iron. Check this article out if you like, it has several other comparisons. http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/minelab-electronics-e-trac

Last edited:

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my question right now.

I am on the hunt for and E-Trac but some great deals seem to available for SE Pro's

I am wanting to gather as much info as I can on the difference in these two detectors!

I know the E-Trac has some advantages kinda like stated above (the TTF and better algorithms ... not sure what these are yet) .... but is there a lot that constitutes a couple hundred dollar extra premium?

I like the larger screen ... I like the better menus and I like how you can see the FE/CO Numbers of the items AND the Smartfind meter graph at the same time ... plus there is SOOO much more info available and videos on the E-Trac which is a plus for a new guy.

If you have used both of these in the past or present can you please chime in on your thoughts about these two machines and what sets them apart and the Pros and Cons of each.

Thanks again for all the great help guys! :)

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my question right now.

I am on the hunt for and E-Trac but some great deals seem to available for SE Pro's

I am wanting to gather as much info as I can on the difference in these two detectors!

I know the E-Trac has some advantages kinda like stated above (the TTF and better algorithms ... not sure what these are yet) .... but is there a lot that constitutes a couple hundred dollar extra premium?

I like the larger screen ... I like the better menus and I like how you can see the FE/CO Numbers of the items AND the Smartfind meter graph at the same time ... plus there is SOOO much more info available and videos on the E-Trac which is a plus for a new guy.

If you have used both of these in the past or present can you please chime in on your thoughts about these two machines and what sets them apart and the Pros and Cons of each.

Thanks again for all the great help guys! :)

If this is you're first detector, you may have a very hard time getting use to a high-end Minelab. Even some people who have owned several mid-level detectors can find the learning curve to be enormous. It may be better to acquaint yourself with an introductory/ mid-level detector and then move up to something bigger. However, I've heard both of the Minelabs mentioned great machines yet I have not gotten around to using either of them.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the advice ... technology is very easy for me and this though being my first detector is not my first detector ever ... I used to detect about 15 years ago for a few years so I am familiar with them a bit overall.

I myself prefer to learn and master a machine and I want one thats gonna be a beast out the gate for and not worry that I am missing much due the limitations of the lower end machines. I have horrible soil in my area here in CA so I need something descent .. and like I said I work in technology all day everyday so something like this thing will have minimal learning for someone like me.

I have 100% decided on going with a quality machine like the E-Trac etc .... it;s just deciding on used right now and also looking into some great deals on the SE Pro models that keep popping up.

I'll get one at some point ... but now that my massive research is nearing an end I am now trying to find that amazing deal on one.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and I appreciate all the feedback regardless. :)

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the advice ... technology is very easy for me and this though being my first detector is not my first detector ever ... I used to detect about 15 years ago for a few years so I am familiar with them a bit overall.

I myself prefer to learn and master a machine and I want one thats gonna be a beast out the gate for and not worry that I am missing much due the limitations of the lower end machines. I have horrible soil in my area here in CA so I need something descent .. and like I said I work in technology all day everyday so something like this thing will have minimal learning for someone like me.

I have 100% decided on going with a quality machine like the E-Trac etc .... it;s just deciding on used right now and also looking into some great deals on the SE Pro models that keep popping up.

I'll get one at some point ... but now that my massive research is nearing an end I am now trying to find that amazing deal on one.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and I appreciate all the feedback regardless. :)

No problem man :)
The best detector is the one you know how to use and are willing to learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions