Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the only coil he swings on that machine, unless he's woods hunting.
I could use it with a harness, but hate wearing one. Will he let you use it on your machine to see how you like it? I tried to send mine right back to the dealer in Florida (the high volume, low customer service one) and was told I'd has to pay 20% restocking fee! That ended my buying from them!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried a 13" Ultimate on my Etrac and absolutely hated it. The balance is pretty bad with the 11" Procoil, but with the 13" it was really bad. Ask your buddy if you can swing his for 30 mins, maybe you'll like it. I knew after about 10 mins I wasn't going to like the balance. I have picked up a Sunray X-8 and X-5 and really like both coils. The X-8 will do fine in 90% of trashy areas I hunt and the balance of the machine is much better. I've only used the X-5 a couple times, so can't comment a whole lot on it. Good luck & HH!

12×15", 15x18" SEF Butterflys and 15" WOT is all I swing and I can swing them all day. Now I have them on excal custom straight shafts which helps with the balance as you can adjust hand grip & cuff to ballance the shaft.....

I would have no issue with one on my ETrac, but I also hunt with the harness and have gotten very use to it. I connect the bungee to a 2 liter camelpac I wear so I always have fresh cold water on me within easy reach....

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could use it with a harness, but hate wearing one. Will he let you use it on your machine to see how you like it? I tried to send mine right back to the dealer in Florida (the high volume, low customer service one) and was told I'd has to pay 20% restocking fee! That ended my buying from them!

20% that's a littlw ridiculous! I used his 15x18 SEF coil for a couple months and didn't mind that at all.
Do u still have that ultimate coil?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20% that's a littlw ridiculous! I used his 15x18 SEF coil for a couple months and didn't mind that at all. Do u still have that ultimate coil?
No I sold it on here shortly after I bought it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20% that's a littlw ridiculous! I used his 15x18 SEF coil for a couple months and didn't mind that at all.
Do u still have that ultimate coil?

20% is standard restocking fee, remember coil can no longer be sold as new...

I use the 15x18 sef on my Sov if I am not going in the water, has a huge foot print, goes deep and is still sensitive to tiny targets. Smallest gold I found with it to date was a infant's gold ring, weighed 1.6 grams...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20% is standard restocking fee, remember coil can no longer be sold as new...

I use the 15x18 sef on my Sov if I am not going in the water, has a huge foot print, goes deep and is still sensitive to tiny targets. Smallest gold I found with it to date was a infant's gold ring, weighed 1.6 grams...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

I really like that 15x18 on my safari, it found a few coins I missed with thw stock coil. Seems like it really like nickels. Found my first war nickel with it. The guy who owns it, the first day he had it found 2 V nickels in a heavy Hunter area.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Fireguy, I can't say much about the SEF stuff, I've never tried it. but I have been very impressed with the NEL stuff, I own a Sharpshooter, and have ordered a Hunter for both my F-2 and 2200. I had the pleasure of using one all summer on a F-5,,I admire yer grit on the leave my detector out of it part of this thread,,,,You should use what you have and are comfortable with. who cares how much you paid for it. Anyone have a good contact for the SEF stuff I would luv to look into it. As far as the NEL coils, contact golddigger.com there here in the US.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fireguy, I can't say much about the SEF stuff, I've never tried it. but I have been very impressed with the NEL stuff, I own a Sharpshooter, and have ordered a Hunter for both my F-2 and 2200. I had the pleasure of using one all summer on a F-5,,I admire yer grit on the leave my detector out of it part of this thread,,,,You should use what you have and are comfortable with. who cares how much you paid for it. Anyone have a good contact for the SEF stuff I would luv to look into it. As far as the NEL coils, contact golddigger.com there here in the US.

U can find used sef coils on feebay quite a lot new ones kellyco is the only authorized dealer

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Ok so it's snowing so not much field testing yet but here is some info.

You can max the sensitivity without falsing away from EMI. I had no falsing away from my house. But when I tried messing with it in my house the wifi router made my machine go crazy until I stepped outside and knocked the Sen. Down two notches. After that it was fine. I did some air tests in the garage and here is what I got. I tested the storm in my garage away from my router but I still had to go one notch from maximum sensitivity.

I recorded the results were I got 100% consistency with each pass.

Stock coil. ___ Storm.
Max Sen. ____ One notch from max.

Clad penny.
8" ___ 9.5"

Copper penny.
8" ___ 10.5"

Nickel.
7" ___ 11"

Dime.
6.5" ___ 10"

Quarter.
9.5" ___ 11.5"